Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GodKreytr

Is it physically possible for someone to be as strong as doomguy?

15 minutes ago, Gez said:

Well he only has to deal with two keys, 99 bullets, a knife, a pistol, machinegun, and "chaingun". Optionally also a flamethrower and a rocket launcher, with corresponding ammo, but that's still less than what Doomguy has to deal with.

On the other hand, he does have to carry some absurd amount of plundered treasure. I wonder if anyone ever bothered to tally all the crosses, crowns, chalices, and chests that Blazko gets to pick up if you max each episode of Wolf 3D and Spear of Destiny. (Plus radios, plutonium samples, control panels, and bomb casings if you count the FormGen mission packs.)

I still don't know how he carries that much treasure. But I bet he is super rich

16 hours ago, Gez said:

Duke's probably stronger, actually. He has more weapons and also carries an inventory with a holoduke projector, a jetpack, scuba gear, protective boots, a portable medkit, and steroids. Ammo-wise, it's kind of a wash. Duke carries generally less than Doomguy (when the weapons are directly comparable, he carries the same amount of ammo as a backpackless Doomguy) but it's compensated by carrying more ammo types due to a greater variety of weapons. (Doomguy has only four ammo types, Duke has eleven.)

And Duke can still jump.

He also jumps higher than his height.

probably not. i dont think it would be possible to match his strength in any way. he can literally punch an cyberdemon to death. he is also insanely fast. He can outrun rockets im pretty sure.

Nah, but you certainly could work on getting his physique. Depending on your age, genetics, and self-discipline, you could achieve that in 2-8 years with nonstop bodybuilding. Then, you might as well be as strong as Doomguy because nobody will bother you.

I guess you could carry that much on Mars with the reduced gravity. Even less on Deimos or Phobos.

But not on Earth.

Also, the reduced gravity does not make sense in context of Cacodemons falling down super-fast when killed.

I think Danny Evanger is probably on the same strength as Duke Nukem because he worked out in the federal prison many times.

If all PWADs are canon then Aeons of Death is canon and Doomguy carries enough weapons to generate his own substantial gravitational pull.