Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IconOfRetard94

Problem with PSX Doom on "PSXfin" Emulator

I know, this problem not correspond on this topics, but seriously i need help. I loaded PSX Doom on the emulator PSXfin "a .bin file", when i begin the game, the maps looks like don't have walls, but the ceiling and the floor are visible. HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS?

pSX v1.13 18_12_2021 21_32_11.png

You use a different emulator. PS1 emulation isn't accurate, and different emulators have different approaches. PSX Doom's methodology of implementing its wall column renderer for the PS1's GPU is particularly non standard to the hardware so this particular issue is rather common if the emulator doesn't emulate the specs properly.

Edited by Edward850

PSXfin is very outdated and has poor compatibility with games. I highly recommend using something like DuckStation or PCSX-Redux instead.

PSXfin is oooooooooooold. It was last released in 2007! The homepage doesn't even exist anymore! And its game compatibility is known to be quite poor indeed.

Way, way better emulators have come along since then. If you use RetroArch, its BeetlePSX core is really very accurate. Otherwise, here's a list of recommended emulators (and some not-so-recommended ones - and why).

Of course, if your PC is too weak to run better, more accurate emulators... then well, you're kind of out of luck until you have a system upgrade.

Edited by Dark Pulse

Or you can just find a cheap PS1 or PS2. They may be old hardware but you can tend to find them on the used market for scratch.

Finding one with the serial port is harder (it was removed in later models and not present on the PS2), but it's the only way to do multiplayer, as even emulators don't support it curiously enough.

Like above: PsyDoom is a reverse-engineered port of PSX Doom, and may be your best option. Place your PSX-Doom CUE and BIN files in PsyDoom's folder, and rename the CUE file appropriately. (ie: "DOOM.CUE" - Do not rename the BIN file.)

Otherwise, if you prefer PS1 emulation, look towards newer emulators like DuckStation & Mednafen (or their Retroarch core equivalents, DuckStation/SwanStation & BeetlePSX respectively). If you needed PSXfin's debugging features, DuckStation or Bizhawk will cover this.