Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YouAreTheDemons

PS1 Doom Manual? (NOT Final Doom)

Does anyone happen to have any scans/a PDF of PSX Doom's manual? I've tried looking around for it, but all I can find is PSX Final Doom's manual (and that doesn't even have the enemies for Christ's sake!)

I do have the complete longbox design of PSX Doom - perhaps I can look into scanning the manual later, if I can find a way to connect our old scanner to my desktop.

1 hour ago, valkiriforce said:

I do have the complete longbox design of PSX Doom - perhaps I can look into scanning the manual later, if I can find a way to connect our old scanner to my desktop.

I have it also, but no way of scanning it. If you can get ahold of it, we should submit it to the Internet Archive's manual collection.

if you need a scanner that works on the cheap, canon's lide series is reliable and gets the job done in my experience. i've done some archival scans with a lide300. just be ready to disassemble any manual for a decent scan.

20 minutes ago, valkiriforce said:

Good suggestion on the Internet Archive; I just finished uploading all the scans for the long box manual here: https://archive.org/details/doompsx020

Forgive me if the job is a bit shoddy in places; the manual's falling apart as it is, and I re-adjusted and cropped as I saw fit.

Quite the solid scan from the look of it! I'm no scanning/preservation expert, but everything seems quite clear and legible to me.

Was it really just a variant of the SNES manual though? I don't really remember it being like that, but I had the jewel case/Greatest Hits version. And admittedly I'm struggling to remember that manual too...

2 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

I don't know about the SNES manual - I only scanned the long box version of the PSX manual I have exactly as-is, front to back.

That one is available online, thankfully.

https://www.gamesdatabase.org/Media/SYSTEM/Nintendo_SNES/manual/Formated/DOOM_-_1996_-_Williams,_Inc..pdf

In a lot of ways, the PSX version is pretty much just a downgraded version of that (though of course, it adds in the Doom II stuff, Nightmare Spectre, etc.)