Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
t.v.

re-release Harmony

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

59 minutes ago, Xaser said:

The addon wad already works just fine on dsda-doom (I used it as my secondary testing port while doing DEH tinkerings) -- the missing map names in the DEH are an unfortunate oversight but it would be much better to post a patch fix wad instead of distributing a hacked up version of the entire IWAD. That's like editing doom2.wad to fix a sprite.

In theory it should work as-is in any limit-removing port, but some ports may need some time to fix up some accidental assumptions (palette indices, IWAD detection stuff for gzdoom). It's barely been 24 hours -- give folks time to update things before assuming it's permanently broken.

On that note, I'd been planning on pitching an update to the wad to t.v. to clean up some rough parts that were left alone since the deadline was looming (leftover doom2 sprites, etc.), but I'm sure everyone involved is tired of looking at the wad right now, so it'll take some time.

I agree. There was already a plan to make a more compatible version. It seems people really want one :-)

There is no deadline, but it will come. Just enjoy the current release for now.

Furthermore I would like to point out that I do not own the sound effects in the Unity release. They are property of id Software/ Bethesda.

Officially I cannot redistribute them, so neither can anyone else.

The 'compatible version' will contain new sfx.

It's nice that Harmony sees a late revival thanks to the Unity port in general. I always wanted to play this in a vanilla-style port, and now it's finally possible.

I have removed my full iwad attachment from my earlier post to comply with the legal circumstances outlined by t.v. above.

Edited by NightFright

17 minutes ago, t.v. said:

It seems people really want one :-)

That's because Harmony oozes atmosphere and has a really unique style on top of quality level design and gameplay.

12 minutes ago, NightFright said:

It's nice that Harmony sees a revival thanks to the Unity port in general. I always wanted to play this in a vanilla-style port, and now it's finally possible.

Same here, I always wished it was vanilla instead of ZDoom-exclusive. Also thanks for your intention to help me out.

1 hour ago, rzh said:

That's because Harmony oozes atmosphere and has a really unique style on top of quality level design and gameplay.

Same here, I always wished it was vanilla instead of ZDoom-exclusive. Also thanks for your intention to help me out.

And now it actually is vanilla (plus, hah) with Openrift's DOS port.

26 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

And now it actually is vanilla (plus, hah) with Openrift's DOS port.

At least will be (again), once the legal stuff is sorted out.

Wow I'd never come across Harmony before this. What a great TC, the textures are beautiful, the guns look and work just fine, good sound effects and though art-wise the enemies aren't as cool as the original gang their definitely amongst the best I've played in terms of gameplay. Love/hate those t800 style guys that are like mini-revenants and the skeletons jumping down from ceilings was a nice touch (why don't they drop shotguns, they still shoot me with one!). Tight ammo supplies give it a slight survival horror feel that I love and encourage using in-fighting, which works a treat, all the new enemies seem to hate each other. Loads of Doom-cute and a Jimmy soundtrack is icing on the cake. Hope this gets a sequel one day, the assets seem to good for just one title.