Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Knee-Deep in KDiZD: Released! It's KDiZD for doom2.exe - 1.7.1 is now on /idgames

The KDiKDi_extras_for_sourceports.wad file contains a widescreen intermission screen, and palette corrected graphics for the hud, but I doesn't seem to affect anything in GZDoom 4.1.0 for some reason. Anyone know what's going on?

BTW don't be too worried about running it with GZDoom hardware renderer, if you are. I saw a glitch only in one spot walking over a 3D bridge. I was totally able to beat the episode, and I wouldn't have known about any missing graphics detail if I didn't read the thread.

Edited by Chang O'Brian

Just a minor thing I noticed in the KDiKDi_extras_for_sourceports.wad: the text replacement for cells isn't present like in the standard 4:3 bar (says CELL instead of FLAR). May want to fix that.

6 hours ago, OpenRift said:

Just a minor thing I noticed in the KDiKDi_extras_for_sourceports.wad: the text replacement for cells isn't present like in the standard 4:3 bar (says CELL instead of FLAR). May want to fix that.

Damn! Thanks for pointing that out.

On 9/23/2023 at 8:15 AM, esselfortium said:

Damn! Thanks for pointing that out.

Hey girl can you make this to work with Brutal DOOM and Project Brutality 3.0 ???

This mod won't ever work with those two mods, they fundamentally change so much to make it not really worth the hassle for compatibility with KDIKDIZD's dehacked patches.

also i believe there may be nicer ways to refer to someone than by just saying "hey girl"-

Edited by JustAthel

Go for it, just credit the respective authors. (Check the txt file for general credits, and the dehacked patch source for more specific ones.)

On 11/19/2023 at 3:22 AM, esselfortium said:

Go for it, just credit the respective authors. (Check the txt file for general credits, and the dehacked patch source for more specific ones.)

Alrighty then, thank you! Already have done most of monsters, All that's left for me to do are the weapons and decorations.

On 11/24/2023 at 3:08 PM, somerandommarineguy said:

Alrighty then, thank you! Already have done most of monsters, All that's left for me to do are the weapons and decorations.

Alright, I'm finished. here's the line up! will post some gameplay later.

Screenshot_Doom_20231128_182024.png

Edited by somerandommarineguy : Just wanted to add something I'll do later

Just now, OpenRift said:

Question: what about coop in this WAD makes it incompatible with vanilla, exactly?

Co-op hasn't been tested in vanilla and I can't guarantee that you won't run into some overflows that can't happen in single-player. Using one of the limit-removing exe hacks like Doom32 is recommended if you want to try it.

Just now, esselfortium said:

Co-op hasn't been tested in vanilla and I can't guarantee that you won't run into some overflows that can't happen in single-player. Using one of the limit-removing exe hacks like Doom32 is recommended if you want to try it.

Oh, well if Doom32 works, then that's perfectly fine. Thanks for the tip.

Nothing against the wad btw, I just find the idea hilarious. I might check it out... after I beat other couple of hundred wads in my queue, heh.

Played around z1m8 translucent floor effect a little. It renders well in opengl now (still in vanilla). Some self-referencing sector work been done.

kdikdizd_map20_fix.rar

z1m8_opengl.png

Edited by CblBOPOTKA

That's very cool, thanks!

Unfortunately I don't think I can add it to the official release, because self-referencing sectors still create visplanes (frustratingly), so I'd have to make compromises elsewhere for this (and return to the nightmare hell of thoroughly checking every nearby area for overflows). Though for GZDoom specifically, I suppose it might be possible to add a ZScript patch or something to hack it into the existing maps when they're loaded.

Is there any way to run this on DOSBox?

I'm running this on a Windows 95 setup, using a windows shortcut with this path: "C:\GAMES\KDIKDIZD\DOOMHACK.EXE -file KDiKDi_A.wad KDiKDi_B.wad"

I can't run the shortcut through DOSBox and i can't run a .bat with the same command either. If i run DOOMHACK.exe, it crashes back to the menu. If i run DOOM2.exe it just runs the regular DOOM 2 game. If i run the C:\GAMES\KDIKDIZD\DOOMHACK.EXE -file KDiKDi_A.wad KDiKDi_B.wad command normally it says it's illegal.

I would like to be able to run a shortcut/executable file instead of writing a command, if that's possible.

Edited by TasAcri

12 hours ago, TasAcri said:

Is there any way to run this on DOSBox?

I'm running this on a Windows 95 setup, using a windows shortcut with this path: "C:\GAMES\KDIKDIZD\DOOMHACK.EXE -file KDiKDi_A.wad KDiKDi_B.wad"

I can't run the shortcut through DOSBox and i can't run a .bat with the same command either. If i run DOOMHACK.exe, it crashes back to the menu. If i run DOOM2.exe it just runs the regular DOOM 2 game. If i run the C:\GAMES\KDIKDIZD\DOOMHACK.EXE -file KDiKDi_A.wad KDiKDi_B.wad command normally it says it's illegal.

I would like to be able to run a shortcut/executable file instead of writing a command, if that's possible.

If it's saying it's an illegal operation, I think that might have more to do with Windows 95 than it does with the WAD.

21 minutes ago, OpenRift said:

If it's saying it's an illegal operation, I think that might have more to do with Windows 95 than it does with the WAD.

That message comes up in dosbox on my main PC. 

23 minutes ago, TasAcri said:

That message comes up in dosbox on my main PC. 

Oh, that's weird. Maybe check if you have any other WADs merged into your IWAD. That might be causing issues. 

Ok i'm dumb.

I was typing the command wrong all this time.

Edited by TasAcri

One thing that definitely caught my attention is that the rifle skin was turned into what I'd have done as a further improvement to Doom myself - something between the pistol and the chaingun in terms of rate of fire, perfectly good niche. I envisioned it as being dropped by former humans. Oh, and the remix of E1M8, can't stop listening to this shit. Hell, I might even start learning it on the guitar lol

This was another wad I played months ago and completely forgot about, wow what a blast. Insane levels design and tricks, awesome job guys.