Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

JAMAL JONES TRILOGY - Version 1.1 RELEASED! May 12, 2023 - [Doomkid's Mapping Contest]

I was wondering how this was proceeding, if the final version was already in progress to IDgames. I do have an update (Nothing major but addresses a fight that can be easily cheese at the moment), if IDgames is pending then no worries as the map can remain as it is.

I finally finished episode 1. Liked most of the maps, except for a couple of pieces.

Favorite maps - 01, 05, 06, 11, 20.

First map is a great start to the episode.

Looks like I got a softlock on E2M5. Door near the blue key won't open. Way back is closed. Shooting at the skull switch from a distance is useless.

Screenshot_Doom_20230723_134256.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230723_134305.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230723_134311.png

On 6/28/2023 at 6:51 AM, cannonball said:

I was wondering how this was proceeding, if the final version was already in progress to IDgames. I do have an update (Nothing major but addresses a fight that can be easily cheese at the moment), if IDgames is pending then no worries as the map can remain as it is.

I'm only just now seeing this - please do submit any fixes or updates if you'd like, this wad is not quite in its final form yet (though, the current version I will ensure is always preserved as I know some people have already recorded demos for it.)

On 7/9/2023 at 2:41 AM, netcurse2000 said:

I finally finished episode 1. Liked most of the maps, except for a couple of pieces.

Favorite maps - 01, 05, 06, 11, 20.

First map is a great start to the episode.

On 7/23/2023 at 7:08 PM, netcurse2000 said:

Looks like I got a softlock on E2M5. Door near the blue key won't open. Way back is closed. Shooting at the skull switch from a distance is useless.

Thanks so much netcurse, glad you mostly enjoyed it!

On 7/9/2023 at 6:19 AM, Auron said:

He's the widescreen status bar I made for this trilogy. It worlks for both Jamal Jones and Rowdy Rudy wads. 

JJones-RRudy_wideSTBAR.zip

Awesome, thank you for making this.

It's crazy this is the third most viewed thread, 2nd most for overall project (threads 2 and 3 are both JJ related). Can this topple D2ISO? Maybe.

The notification that new stuff got posted here is a good reminder that I should finish up that vanilla-fied version of e2m32. Hopefully the final build isn't far away - let's get this wad wrapped up and sent off!

Once again I'm offering my assistance in fixing found bugs for maps with authors that not responding. However I don't know how far I'm allowed to alter the maps.

Finally finished episode 2. Difficulty has increased significantly. But difficulty curve is not as clear as in episode 1. For example, map05 seemed to me much more difficult than the next few. And the maps are generally more abstract than in the first episode.

Favorite maps - 03, 10, 15.

I would especially like to mention map15.

An atmospheric map where the focus is more on exploration rather than combat. It’s not for nothing that access to the secret levels is from here. But I still haven’t found the red key...

On 6/5/2023 at 3:49 AM, Muleke_Trairao said:

Waiting patiently for the new version! Wish you guys a smooth development! :)

After all these months, screw it, I'mma play the current version. :P

No rush, though!

On 2/16/2023 at 10:33 PM, s4f3s3x said:

I'm having a problem on E1M31: 

Hide contents

I got 100% kills, items and even secrets but only 3 Wolfenstein doors opened in long fireblue hallway in the beginning. What am I missing? Also found the secret exit, but even there, the bars are still up! The hell!

( :'-/ )

My response below (it's not a solution, just sharing some experience):

Spoiler

I am having the same problem regarding the secret exit. :/ Got 100% kills, found 9 out of 13 secrets, and got the 3 skull keys.

I noticed that there is another teleporter I gotta find to get to the secret exit area. Check these screenshots.Screenshot_Doom_20231107_202946.png.8397e7f4726cf1c762871abfd80844b5.png

Screenshot_Doom_20231107_202953.png.69d2809105050147b299da1759a61e8e.png

Happy to announce that, with Doomkid's permission, @Mark Bloom and I have picked these megawads up and are fixing them up for a final release! We have Episode 1 in a release candidate state, which you can download in this new thread. Episodes 2 and 3 will follow closely after it!

Thank you to everyone who's been waiting for these wads, to all the mappers who worked so passionately on them, and to @Doomkid for making this all possible in the first place. Merry Christmas!

Sorry guys, I just got my monitor replacement few days before XMas. Now I'm back. For my map, I used GZDoom_Builder_Bugfix-r3107 with DeepBSP (normal) as node builder. To let the level editor rewrite their nodes, just save as it to another file name. I did this everytime I made few changes in my map so I have my map timelapse.

Also my keyboard kinda funny keeping typing XZ* for no reason (and sometimes my computer get sleep like the keyboard did tell my computer that I pressed power button)