Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EduardoAndFriends

Relic - 4 adventurous maps with devious traps in the jungle!

Map01 has dropped, good people, you can find it at the very top of the original post. Look here in future for newer versions and / or new maps for the set. It's been thoroughly tested on different sourceports ... please let me know if you have any issues! Above all else, have fun. :) -Edz xo

First map was fun. Felt a little on the easy side but the traps were deadly so... I dunno. The theme was a cool one and i definately am ready for the next. Only found 2 of 3 secrets, hope the 2 enemys i missed were in there. Thanks for making this, I would definately say Im a fan of your maps at this point. 😀

7 hours ago, Insaneprophet said:

First map was fun. Felt a little on the easy side but the traps were deadly so... I dunno. The theme was a cool one and i definately am ready for the next. Only found 2 of 3 secrets, hope the 2 enemys i missed were in there. Thanks for making this, I would definately say Im a fan of your maps at this point. 😀

Thanks mate. Yep last two beasts are in a secret. I generally don’t like to go too hard in a map01 but there are areas I could turn up the heat … thanks for playing, fella! :D

This map was solid af! I have to echo Insaneprophet's sentiments - I'm a fan of your maps and they are getting better and better, well done!

Edit:

Spoiler

Here's d'aul playthrough:

Edited by mancubian_candidate

26 minutes ago, mancubian_candidate said:

This map was solid af! I have to echo Insaneprophet's sentiments - I'm a fan of your maps and they are getting better and better, well done!

Edit:

Reveal hidden contents

Here's d'aul playthrough:

Oh thanks so much dude! I’ll give your vid a watch as soon as I finish work. Really appreciate your time and kind words, matey! :)

3 hours ago, thelamp said:

Cool first map I look forward to seeing the rest!

Thanks mate! Things get much harder from here. ;)

Things are moving along nicely. Map 02 will be up tomorrow for anyone interested, still unsure what MIDI to use. Too many good ones … tied between another Jazz Jackrabbit and a Donkey Kong Country one. HMMMM.

I'm looking forward to this Eduardo! I'm attempting to wait until it's all released in order to play it one go, but I will probably cave in and play level release by level release. It looks absolutely stunning so far!

12 hours ago, ZeMystic said:

I'm looking forward to this Eduardo! I'm attempting to wait until it's all released in order to play it one go, but I will probably cave in and play level release by level release. It looks absolutely stunning so far!

Hey thanks, mate! :) I'm having a pretty dang good time with it at the moment.

UPDATE: Map02 now available for download at the top of the page. Have fun and please let me know of any issues encountered. :) Fanks! -Edz xo

Hm, personally I think I'm going to wait until the full release, I think it would be a tease to just play a map or two knowing more are on the way haha

1 hour ago, EduardoAndFriends said:

UPDATE: Map02 now available for download at the top of the page. Have fun and please let me know of any issues encountered. :) Fanks! -Edz xo

I have no such problem waiting as I have zero patience. Will play this as soon as I get the chance 😄

1 hour ago, Egg Boy said:

Hm, personally I think I'm going to wait until the full release, I think it would be a tease to just play a map or two knowing more are on the way haha

Totally understand. ;)

28 minutes ago, mancubian_candidate said:

I have no such problem waiting as I have zero patience. Will play this as soon as I get the chance 😄

Cool man, thanks! I think I *might* add an extra area to map02 down the line but I’ll see what the feedback is. My aim is to make maps that are under 10 minutes each played casually so I don’t feel the need to make HUGE maps. Hope you enjoy!

Just finished Map 2:

Spoiler

On 1st play, I thought the last fight was absolute bullshit haha! I couldn't beat it no matter what I tried. 

HOWEVER, I replayed the whole Map and realized I had wasted a TON of Cells by picking them up when I almost had full ammo. 

After that I was able to beat the map but its definitely a tough one. I really enjoyed it when I "figured" it out. 

As I mentioned regarding the previous map, you are getting better and better with each map!

Also, I can't remember the last time I was jump-scared by a Pinkie haha!

Here's my obligitary playthrough:

9 hours ago, mancubian_candidate said:

Just finished Map 2:

Hide contents

On 1st play, I thought the last fight was absolute bullshit haha! I couldn't beat it no matter what I tried. 

HOWEVER, I replayed the whole Map and realized I had wasted a TON of Cells by picking them up when I almost had full ammo. 

After that I was able to beat the map but its definitely a tough one. I really enjoyed it when I "figured" it out. 

As I mentioned regarding the previous map, you are getting better and better with each map!

Thanks mate! I was hoping it wasn’t too hard and I just realised I didn’t implement difficulties, like an idiot. I’ll do that in my next update! 😎 thanks again

17 hours ago, mancubian_candidate said:

Just finished Map 2:

Hide contents

Just watched it man, what a great vid! Thanks for playing and for the feedback, matey. :)

Im going to have to give map 2 another spin when map 3 comes out. It kicked my ass hard! Luckily I just came off of replaying map 1 so I wasnt ruined to the set 😀. Every encounter just seemed harder than anything in the first map... stupid me for saying that one felt easy (I deserved this). Hell, every encounter felt harder than anything in Grime for that matter. I swear I went into every room low on health and ammo. And the rooms with ammo laying out, well thats all I had or if there was health to be found, I was grabbing it prefight instead of midfight. Ended up completely out of ammo trying to kill the cyberdemon and there is no way Im punching him. Probably would have ended differently if that damn cyb would have killed anyone at all but I just wasnt able to start any infighting and had to waste ammo on every rev, vile, spectre, hellknight, imp and spider! Got the cyb about half way down before having to take the port outta there. Then looked around the lvl but I already knew Id left nothing behind. Well the couple of boxes in the last room were not going to cut it. Not at my skill lvl at least. Cutting my losses on this one for now and will come back for a rematch when the next map drops. Thanks

Just watched mancubiancanidates video and there was no ammo in the last room... oh yeah and everything he did, thats what I wanted to do I just... I just didnt pull ANY of it off.

Edited by Insaneprophet

10 hours ago, Insaneprophet said:

Im going to have to give map 2 another spin when map 3 comes out. It kicked my ass hard! Luckily I just came off of replaying map 1 so I wasnt ruined to the set 😀. Every encounter just seemed harder than anything in the first map... stupid me for saying that one felt easy (I deserved this). Hell, every encounter felt harder than anything in Grime for that matter. I swear I went into every room low on health and ammo. And the rooms with ammo laying out, well thats all I had or if there was health to be found, I was grabbing it prefight instead of midfight. Ended up completely out of ammo trying to kill the cyberdemon and there is no way Im punching him. Probably would have ended differently if that damn cyb would have killed anyone at all but I just wasnt able to start any infighting and had to waste ammo on every rev, vile, spectre, hellknight, imp and spider! Got the cyb about half way down before having to take the port outta there. Then looked around the lvl but I already knew Id left nothing behind. Well the couple of boxes in the last room were not going to cut it. Not at my skill lvl at least. Cutting my losses on this one for now and will come back for a rematch when the next map drops. Thanks

Just watched mancubiancanidates video and there was no ammo in the last room... oh yeah and everything he did, thats what I wanted to do I just... I just didnt pull ANY of it off.

No worries, mate, thanks for the feedback. This mapset is definitely harder than Grime, which is my intention. :) Gonna be uploading a new version with difficulties implemented for map02. Perhaps give it a go on medium, or as you say wait 'til next map. With the backpack (found in the little revenant and shotgunner dropdown room), there should have been enough ammo capacity for the map (I thought I'd gone a bit overboard with ammo lol!) but that's neither here nor there as I know exactly where everything is and have played the map a billion times when testing, haha. Might need to add even more ammo maybe! Guess I should also put a disclaimer at the top that UV is gonna burn a fair amount.

I've let it sit for a day without playing it so I'm going to go back vaguely refreshed and see what other things need balancing. Thanks man! :p -Edz

UPDATE: Map01 and Map02 are ready to play, both with difficulties implemented. 

Please let me know of any issues experienced and I'll do my very best to remedy them. Thank you! 

P.S: Map03 is bubbling away nicely, will be served up soon.

-Edz xo

18 hours ago, thelamp said:

Played map02 and boy it was a spicy one!

Oh sweet! Thanks for playing man, I’ll give it a big juicy watch later. 😎

On 3/28/2023 at 5:30 AM, thelamp said:

Played map02 and boy it was a spicy one!

Mate. MATE. That was so fucking fun to watch! Thanks so much for playing. :)

UPDATE: Project not dead, just taking a nap.

Had to focus on work stuff these past weeks but map 3 is about 1/2 done. Hopefully be able to birth it this coming week, depending on how busy the weekend is. :) -Edz xo

Update: things are coming along nicely. Map03 is nearing completion and map 04 has been blocked out. Getting really excited about conjuring up a fun conclusion! The Easter break will bear fruit.