Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

What is the most un-ironic use of a midi in a wad?

For my next project I want to deliberately put out a map that is good all around but has a ridiculous midi, like "Side to side" by Ariana Grande.  I know wads that used midi for the novelty of it in the 90s.  But I want other examples.  Tl;dr what are some wads whose' midi selection made a disappointment of an otherwise great map?

Edited by invictius

I was gonna say The Final Countdown or Barbie Girl to answer the title but then I noticed this:

2 hours ago, invictius said:

Tl;dr what are some wads whose' midi selection made a disappointment of an otherwise great map?

I don't see how un-irony equates to disappointment...

3 hours ago, Gez said:

I was gonna say The Final Countdown or Barbie Girl to answer the title but then I noticed this:

I don't see how un-irony equates to disappointment...

Imagine doom 3 is sold like a second expansion but the music is happy birthday or star spangled banner.  The gameplay is great, but that music makes it faceplant, even though you can of course turn it off.  It's a "Why?" dev decision.

On 11/1/2023 at 2:13 PM, invictius said:

Imagine doom 3 is sold like a second expansion but the music is happy birthday or star spangled banner.  The gameplay is great, but that music makes it faceplant, even though you can of course turn it off.  It's a "Why?" dev decision.

The title is a bit confusing,  so as I understand it you are asking for levels with bad music choices, where the choice of music wasn't picked either ironically or as a joke?

If i made maps it would have Ariane Grande soundtrack so nobody could monetize playing it on YT.