Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geegaz

Enjmin Doom - a collection of 34 student maps

This looks extremely cool! Just from the screenshots, I'm totally playing "The Pilgrimage" first. They all look dope as hell, but that one is calling to me. That would be awesome too if this custom launcher worked for any WAD setup so that I can use it to easily launch all the maps from the "15 Years a Doomer" and "10 Years of Doom" megawads that unfortunately never got compiled.

Thanks for your interest! Yeah "Le Pèlerinage" (The Pilgrimage) is one of the most visually impressive of the bunch.

31 minutes ago, Shulbocka said:

That would be awesome too if this custom launcher worked for any WAD setup so that I can use it to easily launch all the maps from the "15 Years a Doomer" and "10 Years of Doom" megawads that unfortunately never got compiled.

It was actually made for something like this! The goal was to have a basis that the new students could use next year, but that workshop was removed and won't happen again...

While it's still pretty basic (it's only made to launch single WADs with GZDoom), you can change the WADs available in the wads folder, add or remove stickers in the resources > stickers folder or change the background in resources. Then if you take a look at the Games.csv file, you can create your own entries with the format: Map Title, Author, filepath, Description, Specialty (the ones mentionned in the op, for the color on the disks), Sticker (the filename of one of the stickers without the extension, or empty if no sticker)

It's a heavily modified version of this (which is available on Github): https://ash-k.itch.io/mm-bundle-launcher

Edited by Geegaz

On 11/26/2023 at 12:25 PM, Geegaz said:

Thanks for your interest! Yeah "Le Pèlerinage" (The Pilgrimage) is one of the most visually impressive of the bunch.

It was actually made for something like this! The goal was to have a basis that the new students could use next year, but that workshop was removed and won't happen again...

While it's still pretty basic (it's only made to launch single WADs with GZDoom), you can change the WADs available in the wads folder, add or remove stickers in the resources > stickers folder or change the background in resources. Then if you take a look at the Games.csv file, you can create your own entries with the format: Map Title, Author, filepath, Description, Specialty (the ones mentioned in the op, for the color on the disks), Sticker (the filename of one of the stickers without the extension, or empty if no sticker)

It's a heavily modified version of this (which is available on Github): https://ash-k.itch.io/mm-bundle-launcher

Holy crap, that is extremely cool! I'm gonna use the hell out of this launcher if it can do all that. Thanks again. Before any of that though, I'm now getting ready to sit down and play all the maps it came with.

Video of several of the maps below. A lot of these don't really fit into Doom's genre, despite obviously retaining the same basic structure, so that's something to keep in mind.

Weird, wild stuff! I didn't know what to make of many of these! But I had fun with almost all of them. Only a few soft-locked me, including two in the first room! Here are my 34 demos, recorded with gzdoom 4.11.3.

P19.lmp.7z

On 12/29/2023 at 5:45 PM, epg said:

Only a few soft-locked me, including two in the first room!

Hmm that's weird, they should all be playable from start to finish...

Thanks so much for the demos, I'll take a look to see what went wrong (and maybe add a "hints" section to the op)!

Tried the first maps, especially the ones that play like doom, and it's quite nice !

And Geegaz, your map is really cool !

18 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

The download for this no longer seems to be available.

I don't know, the download is working! I just downloaded it recently.

This Collection of Maps was held yesterday. I express my gratitude to Geegaz and all students of the Cnam-Enjmin! I haven't seen so many Unique Works in a long time! I would even say that it has surpassed "BirminDoom" in some way. Therefore, I have honored the Whole Review (In Russian). Thank you!

The only thing that bothers me a little is the Launch via the Launcher. Why couldn't the same RAMPART be used? It would be much more convenient.

Posted (edited)

Used a translator to read the review and I'm glad I did, thank you so much :o
I don't know if it's something that got lost in translation though, but just to make it clear I'm not the one who started this project! Same as all the people who put their level in this collection, I'm just one of the students that took that class - what I did was compiling everyone's levels and making a small launcher with them. Still, thanks a lot!

About the launcher, I had no idea options like RAMPART existed when making this! But to be fair, I don't think it would've worked.

Since we were all beginners at doom modding, the file structure of our maps is pretty chaotic - some use MAPINFO, some don't, some change the default player, some change the default things... it's a mess, and the maps would need a lot of work to be merged into a megawad (which I tried, and failed miserably :p).
So at the time it seemed easier to just use the skills I had with an engine I knew to make a launcher that would be useable by anyone ^^

Edited by Geegaz