Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrea Rovenski

[idgames] A War On Christmas: Part 2 :: 12-map Christmas Themed Adventure :: Limit-removing -complevel 2

If this is anything like the last one I'm definitely interested was looking for something digestible to play This Christmas

This looks awesome. Just downloaded this and the first one as well, gonna give them a go this evening. 

hey, I had plans on playing the 1st part of WoC after I was gonna get done w/ DBP 43 and 19. Nice to see a part 2 for this. merry grunchmas :)

Ah yes, Christmas chaos for the upcoming holidays, I've never played the first part though. But I just finished and I've reported a few things during my gameplay.

MAP11: One of the health bonuses (either Thing 551 or 554) is floating by the Christmas Tree.
nugg0021.png.03081c2460719a9ca870298e6c8b08d2.png

MAP12: An intercept overflow can occur if you stand by the door after opening it that leads to the arena.

Spoiler

When I was looking at UDB, I've noticed there is secret maps. I played those, but MAP22 was giving me intercept overflows, so I had to play it in Boom format for that map.

Fun set, you can tell how you have evolved as a mapper. I continue to enjoy your work. Fun to blast through and plenty of speedrunning nonsense to keep my brainrot entertained.

played through the first one and the second and they were really fun to play and it was cool to see how you'd grown as a mapper from then to now. good work :)

Now THIS is an early Christmas present. The first War on Christmas put you on my map as a mapper and this sequel has put all other Xmas wads right back into the backlog

I did find a softlock on map03's supercharge secret right next to the exit:

Spoiler

map03secretsoftlock.png.5a50bef68165b451ca7d2a96c1e04eb2.png

Thank you for all the kind words/videos everyone! I really appreciate it! 

16 hours ago, S3M_XM said:

An intercept overflow can occur if you stand by the door after opening it that leads to the arena.

This is not a vanilla wad, this is limit-removing only. You can disable overflow emulation in the options :)

13 hours ago, No-Man Baugh said:

I did find a softlock on map03's supercharge secret right next to the exit:

awesome.

RC2 UPDATE:

-Added TWO new honorific titles:

HELPnew.png

Spoiler

I Don't Know, Might Need Them Later
Complete the game with 520/520 rockets remaining in your inventory on ultra violence
Too Dense For This
Complete MAP11 without getting a single key.

-Removed intertext from the original games from displaying.

-Map tweaks to ensure items are collectable.

-Added COMPLVL lump to prevent being played on complevel 21 as it has different dehacked behavior that is not intended. The maximum health from medikits and stimpacks should be 100, with bonuses and soulspheres reaching up to 500. Reminder this is a limit-removing wad, and not vanilla, so playing with vanilla overflow emulation does not work.

awesome!

edit: I posted a finalized version, unless something totally fucked comes up, the wad won't be updated anymore. This means anyone can feel free to record speed demos at this point (or do the elusive -respawn honorific title!)

In this final update I added par times and did a once-over check to make sure everything works as it should. 

Edited by Andrea Rovenski

4 hours ago, Andrea Rovenski said:

This is not a vanilla wad, this is limit-removing only. You can disable overflow emulation in the options :)

I was playing it on Nugget Doom, I forgot I can actually do that.

4 hours ago, Deadfish said:

Sorry, a dehacked file is not included in your idgames zip folder. Is this normal?

dehacked is inside the wad itself, so it should be fine

Thanks. I was using some stupid mod, which overwrote all the monsters and weapons. So putting the .deh inside the wad was not fool proof against me. Btw, found a OOPS ^^ inside a secret on map 3

image.png.84e67c77e5cef82c9b71d958ef84ecee.png

OMG this map was epic and probably my fave map of both sets (so far) the constant action and hoards of dudes to shoot and the fight setups were great - this was thrilling and exhilarating

good times!

Yeah, I really enjoy War on Christmas 1 and 2. War on Christmas 1 was the second custom doom map I was ever playing and it is really nostalgic.

On 12/8/2023 at 11:31 PM, Deadfish said:

Yeah, I really enjoy War on Christmas 1 and 2. War on Christmas 1 was the second custom doom map I was ever playing and it is really nostalgic.

thank you so much! That is really cool :)