Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deleted User bye

Any sort of mp3 -> midi converter that actually sounds good?

No, they're fundamentally different things. An MP3 describes a sound, while a MIDI describes notes and other data for synthesizers to produce music. You cannot convert arbitrary sounds into sheet music, and even if the sound is a recording of music and you can pick out the notes and instruments from that, how the output sounds will also depend on the synthesizer used to play the MIDI.

50 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

No, they're fundamentally different things. An MP3 describes a sound, while a MIDI describes notes and other data for synthesizers to produce music. You cannot convert arbitrary sounds into sheet music, and even if the sound is a recording of music and you can pick out the notes and instruments from that, how the output sounds will also depend on the synthesizer used to play the MIDI.

Thanks for the info; just one more question. Can you increase the overall volume of midi files? I currently haven't found any way to do so

1 hour ago, AtomIsTired said:

Thanks for the info; just one more question. Can you increase the overall volume of midi files? I currently haven't found any way to do so

Try this site. I’ve used it to increase volume of a midi track for our Doom wad. It works great. 

-Andarchitect

The DANDY Company

12 minutes ago, AtomIsTired said:

Sorry, but how do you add a file? 

It literally says you need an URL. So i suppose Google drive would work?

15 minutes ago, AtomIsTired said:

Sorry, but how do you add a file? 

image.png.a0a5be442d9f884cbefb4ba6db85a505.png

MP3 to MIDI is tricky, since there realy is no information as to what music instruments to use. One could make some assumptions, but a good result is not guaranteed.

What you could do is, play the mp3 file and record it through a daw connected to a midi keyboard.

A person with a respective skill set is your best bet. This kind of task is usually referred as music arrangement. Someone here is definitely able to do a good job at this.

1 hour ago, Kappes Buur said:

play the mp3 file and record it through a daw connected to a midi keyboard.

Apart from the midi keyboard itself, this requires both good ears and good hands. Sounds like a ridiculous effort, lol. I did covers, but first i laid out the notes in the midi editor by ear, then figured out and memorized how to play them, and finally recorded the instrument.

I wouldn't even bother trying to convert a standard final sound file into a MIDI. There are tools online to do it like this one. But the results always range from earrape to hilarious like this infamous Vinesauce mom ent

And here is what another MP3 converted to MIDI sounds like too below, and here is the original song for reference.

club-diver-by-kevin-macleod-from-filmmusic-io.mp3.mid.zip

If you really need to convert a non-MIDI song to MIDI, then your only option is to manually remake the song as a MIDI.