Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hayden49

What's your favorite gun?

4 hours ago, ChopBlock223 said:

I have quite a lot of doubt about the M5 and its future, it's an extremely impractical concept intended to solve questionable problems, and has some very serious flaws which normal assault rifles and battle rifles do not have.

The fact that it IS a battle rifle is a massive step backwards in infantry doctrine, and the idea of being able to defeat Lv.4 body armor at relatively long distances (which it is very unclear if it can actually do), makes me inclined to believe that the NGSW concept as a whole would only really work as a new form of Designated Marksman's Rifle, but it'd need some important changes for that.

It's now the XM7 and for some reason, it makes me think of the Vietnam War-era M14 being sent to the future and now the Back to the Future theme is playing in my head.

On 1/17/2024 at 12:43 AM, Panzermann11 said:

M9-pistolet.jpg

Also the starting weapon in Doom. How can you go wrong with it?

By dumping it once you get the Chaingun.

27 minutes ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

It's now the XM7

Must have missed that. There was an extra short carbine version which they referred to as the XM7 initially, or the "Raptor."

To not be as long as a rifle, it doesn't use the otherwise mandatory suppressor, and having seen footage of someone shooting that gun, the recoil looks absolutely obscene, worse than the normal XM5 or XM7 (which kicks quite a lot already). Besides the unbelievable recoil, which IMO would be a dealbreaker for CQB, I can only imagine that the Raptor would be ungodly loud and concussive. Shooting an M4A1 or a short Mk.18 carbine inside a tunnel or other indoor space is already pretty unpleasant, but an overpowered battlerifle cut down to this stubby 8" barrel length must be downright disorienting. In dark lighting conditions the flash must also be very good at both temporarily blinding you and signalling your position to the enemy, unless maybe he's close enough that it'll disorient him too.

I think it's unlikely that they'll iron out the various flaws of these weapons, and there's a good chance that the NGSW program falls apart, like SPIW and OICW did.

Some guns I forgot to mention:

1920px-DesertEagle_50AE.jpg

AK-47_type_II_noBG.png

Play most of the time with these babies on Call of Duty, Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, etc.

Edited by Panzermann11