Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grungo

Forgot the name of this old zdoom wad series

I remember this wad but forgot it's name but remember it

it was part of a series, with story, and I played a random sequel where it started on this space station, and like in the beginning level, the player went into this mainframe and there was a script where it looked like you went inside cyberspace

it also had storytext and I think doomguy was the protagonist

this wad was about late 2000s or early 2010s

if anyone remembers this can you let me know? I found it once on idgames but I must've deleted it one time

Edited by Grungo

liek I speficially remember seeing this one cutscene where the character is zooming into colorful stuff to the cyber dimension or something and inside there is platforms and a giant island of tech that they must traverse

not to mention it also had room over room stuff

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Seems like Daedalus: Alien Defense to me 

nope, this was a multi wad series and was in the late 2000s to early 2010s

and I think the text boxs were on the top left or right corner

also in one of the wads (well the only one I played) is that the player starts at a alone base or station

On 1/19/2024 at 8:50 AM, Grungo said:

nope, this was a multi wad series and was in the late 2000s to early 2010s

and I think the text boxs were on the top left or right corner

also in one of the wads (well the only one I played) is that the player starts at a alone base or station

Was this it?

On 2/6/2024 at 7:46 AM, lupinx-Kassman said:

Was this it?

YES! THIS IS IT!? how'd you find it?!

2 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Maybe because he made it ;)

Correcto

Unfortunately, like the rest of the series, it aged like bread. Now I wince at the dialogue, the self-inserty plot, the level design, way I managed resources, etc. In some ways I feel like it was an extension of my sprite comic days. As though they had taken the shape of a wad.

The one saving grace in the wad that's still pretty cool is Hozen's artwork (the anime-styled mugshots which were representations of me and my friends', uh, self-inserts, as well as the one drawn scene in the intro cutscene.) Hozen went by VegaKurtsa at the time, and we're still close friends. I even used one of those graphics as my avatar for years, before eventually making my own.

I suppose I do feel a weird nostalgia when thinking of it. The wad was from that high school era of my life when I was still big on MS Paint, frankenspriting, and listening to remastered Megaman music at a volume higher than one concerned with their hearing should. Some of those mp3s were originally in the maps, though I later removed them.

Good(?) Times.

Edited by lupinx-Kassman

12 hours ago, lupinx-Kassman said:

Correcto

Unfortunately, like the rest of the series, it aged like bread. Now I wince at the dialogue, the self-inserty plot, the level design, way I managed resources, etc. In some ways I feel like it was an extension of my sprite comic days. As though they had taken the shape of a wad.

The one saving grace in the wad that's still pretty cool is Hozen's artwork (the anime-styled mugshots which were representations of me and my friends', uh, self-inserts, as well as the one drawn scene in the intro cutscene.) Hozen went by VegaKurtsa at the time, and we're still close friends. I even used one of those graphics as my avatar for years, before eventually making my own.

I suppose I do feel a weird nostalgia when thinking of it. The wad was from that high school era of my life when I was still big on MS Paint, frankenspriting, and listening to remastered Megaman music at a volume higher than one concerned with their hearing should. Some of those mp3s were originally in the maps, though I later removed them.

Good(?) Times.

you ever consider making a new wad series? Me would love see it!

also no feel bad, we were all cringe at some point

On 2/8/2024 at 8:54 AM, Grungo said:

you ever consider making a new wad series? Me would love see it!

also no feel bad, we were all cringe at some point

Haha thank you! Several years later I did make a small second series, though its aim was completely different. Nebula 95 was an exploration of my love for 90s (and a bit of early 00s) cheese. There were a few more than these four maps (one of which sees two versions), but the they remain (mostly) incomplete and unreleased.

While not technically a series, my cc4, aaliens, and tnt2 map30 maps all have a hidden continuity I built into them through secrets and reoccurring characters. I can look back and find things to change in all of my older stuff, but I'd say I'm still pretty proud of TNT2 MAP30. It's currently my best work not counting my WIP stuff. There is one more map on the way that follows this thread.

Finally on the Z-front, not a series, but a WIP that has been my pet project for forever. Autumn Flock.. I'm gonna have to make a proper website for it soon. Smattering it across various bits of soial media hasn't turned out to be the most ideal form of promotion.

11 hours ago, lupinx-Kassman said:

Haha thank you! Several years later I did make a small second series, though its aim was completely different. Nebula 95 was an exploration of my love for 90s (and a bit of early 00s) cheese. There were a few more than these four maps (one of which sees two versions), but the they remain (mostly) incomplete and unreleased.

While not technically a series, my cc4, aaliens, and tnt2 map30 maps all have a hidden continuity I built into them through secrets and reoccurring characters. I can look back and find things to change in all of my older stuff, but I'd say I'm still pretty proud of TNT2 MAP30. It's currently my best work not counting my WIP stuff. There is one more map on the way that follows this thread.

Finally on the Z-front, not a series, but a WIP that has been my pet project for forever. Autumn Flock.. I'm gonna have to make a proper website for it soon. Smattering it across various bits of soial media hasn't turned out to be the most ideal form of promotion.

Nice! looking forward for autmn flock!