Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tangra

Corporate Division - Single Player Map (-cl2 Limit Removing)

This is a small map i made during the last two days to celebrate my one-year anniversary as a mapper. Technically, i started at the beginning of 2023, but my first real "release" was in March of that year. The map is partially designed after a place where i worked 11 years ago. Hope you enjoy.

Format: Doom/Doom 2
IWAD: Doom 2
Gameplay: Single Player
Tested in: DSDA-Doom 
Difficulty Levels: Yes
Textures: CC4 Texture Pack
Crouch and Jump: Disabled

LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/80erkn0lnovt6vj/CorporateDivision.zip/file

F2a06Dn.png

Nothing better than getting home from work, making myself a vodka 7, looking on doomworld to download the new "In City Only" megawad, and seeing a new Tangra map. 😀 Well, first things first. This is more than likely the MOST intriquately detailed office map Ive ever run across. This goes beyond doomcute! I mean really, theres a pack of cigarettes and an ashtray on the table in the bosses office! Ive never worked in an office before but I can just imagine how cathartic it would be to walk past the cubicles with a rocket launcher in hand... or let loose with said launcher in the weekly staff meeting. Jokes aside, this map is highly impressive and you didnt even slouch on the gameplay. Everyone should check this one out. Its probably the best 15 minutes Ive had all week and prolly will be for the next month... (dont tell my wife I said that)

This was such a great workplace map! Action is pretty simple but I mean, it's short anyway. That Arch-vile waiting at the end of the cubicle aisle is basically what you'd expect. If you like Solar Struggle's E1M2, you can't help but love this!

The amount of details is insane, I can tell you spend some time on this, very good job.

Aw yeah, this was fun after trudging through some of the final levels of Scythe 2. Beat it first try without any trickery or saves, lots of Doomcute. The only gripe I have is the 'ol "archvile behind the exit door" trick but hey it's a single level, I doubt anyone cares. Good stuff, very fun to plow through some hordes of zombiemen with the SSG or chaingun!

I have completed Corporate Division with GZDoom with Brutal Doom v22 Beta Test 3 brutalv22test3.pk3 DOOM mod on Ultra-Violence, very gratifying DOOM2 level, 92/100.
The main feature of this level will be the environment designs, because the environment is made to scale, and level is provided with an obsessive amount of detail.

Here is the main weakness to Corporate Division, the level is not a small sized map, and the level took me 30 minutes to complete, unless I am only imagining everything.

The level will be tight on resources for the player, which contributes to the difficulty of the level, and the gameplay value is tremendous with a level full of Secret Areas.

This is an action packed level full of enemy ambushes that will catch the player by surprise, and one wrong move will mean you have to restart the level.
The Lost Souls appearing from the air ducts in the offices, and the outdoor view of the level increases the immersion of the level, which were the best parts of the level.

Build whatever you want to build in the DOOM level is the theme of the level, because that is exactly what you will see when you play Corporate Division.
Spare no expense to build a level that comes to life with a dramatic ending to the level, which means the action doesn't slow down as you progress through the level.

RECOMMENDATIONS

Reducing the amount of detail in the level will open up the level, and will provide the player, as well as the enemies more room to move around in the level.
Enemies with more room to move around in a level reduces the chances of enemies being stuck in the level, and reduces the chances of enemies attacking each other.
Spread out the enemy placement in the level to reduce the chances of enemies attacking each other, and to increase the level difficulty.
Provide the player with more health kits or even armor near the Starting Area of the level as well as extra ammo to reduce the difficulty of the level.

The music is actually good which fits the theme of the level, and the author of the music track should be added to the Credits.