Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iamdedman

Why is GZDoom not a pinned source port?

It is very popular and I feel like it should be one that new people can find easily.

4 hours ago, iamdedman said:

It is very popular and I feel like it should be one that new people can find easily.

Why is that? It is very popular thus people will know where to find it. Occassional bugs get threads here, but the general GZDoom thread is over at ZDoom.

Posted (edited)

To expand on what others have said, the pinned threads on source ports have all been created by the developers of those source ports.  The developers of GZDoom have their own entire forum, and I'm sure they have their hands full with port development and forum moderation without having to maintain an entirely separate thread on someone else's forum as well.

Zandronum and Eternity Engine don't have pinned threads here either.  If the creators of those source ports want to maintain one, I'm sure they'll make one.  But just because a port is popular doesn't mean it needs a pinned Doomworld thread.

11 hours ago, ShallowB said:

Zandronum and Eternity Engine don't have pinned threads here either.

Eternity has an entire subforum here, to be fair, though to also be fair the maintainers are currently all very busy with Night Dive Stuff so it’s not the busiest place on Earth.

Considering it's arguably the most popular and widely used source port and is easily found by just searching "ZDoom" or "GZDoom", I really don't think pinning it is all that necessary to begin with. If you're posting on Doomworld on a regular basis, or really any Doom site for that matter, chances are pretty high you already either know of GZ or have it installed.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Sparktimus said:

Considering it's arguably the most popular and widely used source port and is easily found by just searching "ZDoom" or "GZDoom", I really don't think pinning it is all that necessary to begin with. If you're posting on Doomworld on a regular basis, or really any Doom site for that matter, chances are pretty high you already either know of GZ or have it installed.

Not the point of this thread or what he was asking at all. @Edward850's was the only valid reply.

Edited by CacoKnight