Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Logamuffin

TropicHELL - A tropical island themed MBF21 Community Project (OPEN SLOTS)

@MattFright Ok, it's been a couple of days, and I think everyone has gotten a chance to claim whatever slots they want. So I'm adding you back in for the Map22 slot, assuming you still want it. I'm also going to claim Map7 and Map30 myself, since I have ideas for those. 

Anyone else can also claim multiple mapslots now if you want to.

Posted (edited)

Ok, here's my map. The map has been updated again since the initial post. The grill at the front of the Inn now has proper "meat" being grilled. I also changed the monster closet a bit. HMP and UV difficulty level have revenants and imps are in the lower difficulty settings. The archvile shows up in HMP difficulty level along with UV difficulty.

Map Name: Tiny Slice of Paradise

Map Slot: MAP03

Author: Cliff AKA Lizardcommando

MIDI: Costa Del Sol from Final Fantasy 7 (via VGMusic.com)

Coop/Difficulties: Yes, difficulty settings have been adjusted accordingly

Comments: The SS Doomguy arrives at a tiny island paradise. The oceanic iron gates surrounding the island was supposed to keep the demons out, but somehow they arrived and took over. There is a small Inn with an outdoor hot spring and a restaurant on the island. The little cave houses the blue key.

JVgSuyT.png

71C0ASD.png

pZzr3ga.png

23Kf0Bj.png

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f041iw31t2n0jsv/lc-tropichell-v3.zip/file

Edited by Lizardcommando : Map has been updated. Link has been updated.

Can I get an episode one map? I'm not too good at mapping yet but if I can get an early one I think I can handle it.

Nevermind, can't do it right now

I take a lost for episode 1 

why not map 04 :)

fyi, links to download resources still not working since matt fright's post 4 days ago (sunday, 12 may) :P i suggest putting them on google drive or on doomworld and not on discord since discord's links would, by design and for security reasons, break after 24 hours [source here]. good luck with the project :)

Posted (edited)

Suits my portfolio perfectly. Episode 3, please.

EDIT: Nevermind that, didn't notice the second post. I'll take MAP19.

Edited by MoiraHeart

8 hours ago, rita remton said:

fyi, links to download resources still not working since matt fright's post 4 days ago (sunday, 12 may) :P i suggest putting them on google drive or on doomworld and not on discord since discord's links would, by design and for security reasons, break after 24 hours [source here]. good luck with the project :)

Oh, I had used them before and didn’t have an issue. I’m going to switch them over to Google Drive today.

I have a couple of other projects in the works at the moment so I think I am going to drop my slot here for now. I may come back in the future if I have a really good idea but I don't want to hang on to the slot until the last second.

I have a desire and an idea for 32 cards. But I'm not sure of my abilities. And not what MBF 21 is. So far, I'm thinking about taking slot 32.

Cool concept, I'm a fan of mouldy's work. While I'm a bit reluctant to join a project as I'm fairly new here and to mapping, an idea just popped in my head for a map that fits the theme when I was browsing your post. Figured I would give it a shot since I'm pretty much done with a wad I've been working on and this looks like a good opportunity to try something new, plus I have an actual idea I can work with. While my idea fits the theme, it goes a different approach so I believe map 31 or 32 should work for it. It also shouldn't be as critical should I be unable to complete it in time since it's just for the secret level, but hopefully I will have enough time available to prevent that. So I reckon I'll take slot 31 or 32 if they are still open, thanks.

I thought about it, looked at the doom wiki what MBF 21 is. More or less understood. So if 32 slots are available. I'm taking it.

21 hours ago, Kras said:

I have a desire and an idea for 32 cards. But I'm not sure of my abilities. And not what MBF 21 is. So far, I'm thinking about taking slot 32.

What?

1 hour ago, Logamuffin said:

Что?

I have problems with english. I think take 32 slot and don't know MBF 21. I want 32 slot map If possible

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 10:37 PM, Logamuffin said:

For Episode 1, it should be traditional gameplay only, with difficulty not rising above Plutonia.

hi again and thanks! i've looked at the resource pack. really nice stuff you've got in there. may i take [episode 1 map2] if it is still available, please? tq.

I would love to claim the Episode 1 MAP11 slot!

On 5/9/2024 at 5:27 PM, Sikreci said:

Isn't that your D2ICO map but on an island? It looks really familiar.

Amiga and I decided to nuke the island and start over. Gonna make a brand new city but will still copy paste some of our favorite doomcute including our sector vehicles though

the highrise buildings were too small to properly contain the doomcute required for an actual apartment anyway

this is what we have right now

ISLAND-NEWTROPIC-map.png
ISLAND-NEWTROPIC.png