Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sporku

PlayStation Portable

What are your thoughts on this new portable game system from Sony, the PSP.

http://i4u.com/article1542.html

Personally, I think the system has potential, as the PS1 and PS2 did, and there might be a slim, slim chance of there being more than one non-shitty game for it unlike the other two Sony consoles.

Yes, GTA vice city, the gran tourismo series, etc. They were all such crappy games!

/sarcasm

I'll look forward to seeing what it can do. Apparently it sits somewhere close to the PS2 in terms of overall performance. Of course Sony are being all quiet about it. We'll just have to wait 'till E3.

Except that E3 was about 11 days ago. Unless you mean the NEXT E3, but I was thinking that PSP would be out just before than.

No, I meant this one. I obviously need to keep a better tab on all things gaming.

i dont really see a price above $150-$200. however sony tries to go on name alone, so expect it to be pricy.

however it will beat the crap out of anything the GBSP can do and it will most likly kick the ass of what ever handheld nintendo rolls out next.honestly nintindo has been behind in handheld tech for years

Sephiroth said:

i dont really see a price above $150-$200. however sony tries to go on name alone, so expect it to be pricy.

however it will beat the crap out of anything the GBSP can do and it will most likly kick the ass of what ever handheld nintendo rolls out next.honestly nintindo has been behind in handheld tech for years

Yeah, but for some reason their systems managed to be much more popular than anything better, such as Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, etc.

It's a tough call. Nintendo DS has good launch title strength (Super Mario 64x4, Metroid Prime Hunters, Warioware DS), whereas the only confirmed title on PSP is FF:Advent Children (which may well be just a movie, ported to the PSP platform). Sony darn well better get their act in gear...put their big titles on there, like Syphon Filter. Convince Konami to bring Castlevania there instead of on Nintendo.

PS2 had a good run, and I hope that PSP has the same luck. I say that because I have a huge problem with buying a new handheld console every two fucking years. Yeah, it's great that the DS is backward-compatible, but some people will now have their GB's, GBC's, GBA's, and GBA-SP's standing around collecting dust. That totals up to almost $450 worth(if you bought them all at release) of hardware that is COMPLETELY obsolete, and only marginally fun for nostalgia value.

It's a shame though, that retro-style sidescrollers and 2D games are going to undergo yet another decline with the advent of these new hand-held systems.

Seems like quite an amazing machine, I read in article that the spokesperson man or whatever said it could render more polygons than the PS2.