Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
skadoomer

freedoom question

So i'm really excited about freedoom and all, but i'm wondering if it will be playable on a mac. I donno if the wad structure differs from pc to mac so can anyone clearify this? And if it is, will freedoom be ported to a mac wad file at all?

WAD files can be run on any port derived from the original source. I think the original mac doom had a different type of wad structure, we wont be supporting it. You can use any of the mac ports though.

Skadoomer, I didn't know you had a mac. I am on one atm, at a relative's house. They are a nice change of pace, & they do have a nice feel to them, but they are kind of annoying as well. I like the way they are put together--they seem to be pretty high quality in construction, anyway. The os has always annoyed me though--kind of reminds me of win16 juggle-style multitasking. The one-button mouse is probably what I can't stand the most. But I have always loved the way you can change color mode w/out rebooting, woohoo! It's a rather fun diversion to learn one's way around them, but then it's back to the pc, where I can use all my familar keyboard shortcuts. My brother-in-law was a loyal mac user, but he got a pc because he wanted a better game selection.

There is a utility that can turn pc wads into mac wads. When freedoom is done, I'll try it for you.

If thats true, maybe we can put up some mac-compatible wads then (when its done, that is)

You can change colour modes in win95b+ without rebooting anyways... there's an option in the advanced section of the Display Settings that lets you do that