Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

Team Corruptions Project [new project]

corrupt_marine said:

loosers... :P

Would I urge them to see the beauty of Real Life if I hadn't had a life?

ok then i'm not a nerd.

CM check your e-mail inbox, the level is going to be a little longer, ammo and secrets and skkills and more slopes are going to be added

whats map09 a kinda map, how many maps are there

Corrupt_marine CHECK YOUR MAIL, IVE SENT YOU THE MAP

But i'ts just a part, things will be redone, with monres wad

Some cool projects starting on... but please don´t let it unfinished, like Ghostbusters doom! :/ I see here a new taste of doom, with endless ideas that no one had time to develop in the past :)

I would like to help a bit, mostly if you guys start making great megawads in space-like enviroments :)))... Doom is so powerful now, a Gigawad may be still LESS in disk space (~2mb) than a medium or even tiny quake2 or unreal map! (3 to 5mb)

I know it´s possible to do a great spaceship with high-tech bathrooms, the bedroom of the crew, the spherical gravity room, moving planets outside and so on (I dunno if Dehacked patches could do things like 3d asteroids moving and winds, however), anyone want to do nice effects like these in your space levels?

Also, some megawads and projects got so involving storylines that the replay value was impressive and I´m still playing today :) So why not messagens after each event, like picking up a key, open space textures, asteroids, new items to pick up like spacesuits, die for lack of oxygen, and scripts which tell you what other astronauts are doing in the level (even if there are none), like a radio message? I don´t know why 95% of people making levels do it in ´lonely´ environments (aside of monsters). No interaction at all :(

I don´t know if you, project enthusiasts, are going to do some of the levels deathmatched, if so, why not having 4 or 5 levels in just one megawad? Players start in a closed area in a spaceship, for example, with 4 or 5 switches, pressing one of them open a teleport area to a far place in the level; when all get teleported, another switch close them, until 50 frags are gotten! :) Scripting could do this job! Or a bit of creativity.

How about adding a image after the end of each level, showing were are you in the region map (like doom1)? The map could change if you end 8 or 10 levels. It let players wondering the TC is actually huge :), specially if we are hacking doom1 to handle 20 levels on each episode (or doom2 to have 50 levels)

Lastly, we could nulify savegame menu while in this wad (it only happens when you come back to a communicator room, or a special tech machine). It would be a very nice idea, it breaks the classic gameplay :)

Oh so many ideas....sorry for the long post :o
(have to edit, sure...)

Some cool projects starting on... but please don´t let it unfinished, like Ghostbusters doom! :/ I see here a new taste of doom, with endless ideas that no one had time to develop in the past :)

Warning signs of a mostly nonsensical post. And people did have time in the past, else there'd be no Batman DooM.

I would like to help a bit, mostly if you guys start making great megawads in space-like enviroments :)))... Doom is so powerful now, a Gigawad still is LESS in disk space than a medium or even tiny quake2 and unreal map!

1. DooM's power has not changed.
2. What's a Gigawad?
3. How would a powerful engine decrease the level's size?

I know it´s possible to do a great spaceship with high-tech bathrooms, the bedroom of the crew, the spherical gravity room, moving planets outside and so on (I dunno if Dehacked patches could do things like that, however), anyone want to do nice effects like these in your space levels?

Why would you need Dehacked for that? All you need is zDooM slopes?

So why not messages after each event, like picking up a key, open space textures, asteroids,

Don't we already have those?

new items to pick up like spacesuits, die for lack of oxygen

Deep water effects+radsuits maybe...

and scripts which tell you what other astronauts are doing in the level (even if there are none), like a radio message?

I don't think that's possible, unless you mean System Shock-like logs and journals...in which case R-ONE has beat you to the punch.

I don´t know why 95% of people making levels do it in ´lonely´ environments (aside of monsters). No interaction at all :(

Because coding other characters is a pain in the ass.

I don´t know if you, project enthusiasts, are going to do some of the levels deathmatched, if so, why not having 4 or 5 levels in just one megawad? Players start in a closed area in a spaceship, for example, with 4 or 5 switches, pressing one of them open a teleport area to a far place in the level; when all get teleported, another switch close them, until 50 frags are gotten! :) Scripting could do this job! Or a bit of creativity.

No idea what you are talking about.

How about adding a gif image after the end of each level, showing were are you in the region map (like doom1)? The map could change if you end 8 or 10 levels. It let players wondering the TC is actually huge :), specially if we are hacking doom2 to handle 20 levels on each episode (kewl!)

Impossible in DooM2. Also, why a gif image?

Lastly, we could nulify savegame menu while in this wad (it only happens when you come back to a communicator room, or a special tech machine). It would be a very nice idea, it breaks the classic gameplay :)

This cannot be done. Period. Why? Because it would piss folks the hell off.

Oh so many ideas....sorry for the long post :o

Not forgiven.

People, let this be a sort of lesson--please, PLEASE know what you're talking about before you post. I've failed to do so before, and all that happens is you get laughed at and flamed.

Pika132 said:
I don't think that's possible, unless you mean System Shock-like logs and journals...in which case R-ONE has beat you to the punch.

:)
yeah

Sorry, Pika132, my objective was not to look fool or start brainstorming here, but to talk about overlooked effects, and of course contribute with some ideas :) Of course I´ve also made great maps, since edmap until doombuilder, and I´m getting more insights with dehacked.

I referred Doom becoming powerful in regard to the effects added to its unchanged core (source ports), of course :/

A Gigawad is a bunch of megawads. It´s possible to do that without much hazzle, using the powerful doom ports we have so far. I started to make one, it will be even new items to pick up and more keys. Using PSP for those is enough. :) Why, you ask? We don´t have to restart the map, flushing the memory cache and resetting what we´ve done. May have to increase save-game bump limits, though. Some people complained that too large megawads don´t allow save/load game actions. It´s awful :/

For about the disk space I referred to...try to make a Quake2 map and you´ll see it growing to 1, 2, 3megabytes quickly. :/ So I´ve meant to say that even a dozen of joined megawads may be less in size of a normal quake map. And that´s why I never abandon doom2 editing :)

No, I´ve not seen a great doom map with 3d asteroids and wind effects pushing you without the floor moving, for example. Have to think about creating nice 3d asteroids and put in the wad lump.

About the teleports on a fake multilevel in one megawad... after selecting a teleporter, you get to a given area of the map, full of corridors and sectors. When you get 50 frags, a script let you all spawned back to the first corridor of switches, so you could choose another ´level´. (or a ´escape´ door is opened to this main corridor)

I´ll see R-ONE, thank you! I need some ideas, too :)
That´s it.

Pika132 said:

Wrong. RTC-3057 has done that already.

Pika132 said:

Impossible in DooM2. Also, why a gif image?

Have you ever heard of the doom port EDGE? It allows for this and a whole LOT more.

Pika132 said:

Because coding other characters is a pain in the ass.

freewebs.com/mouac
http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=429
My mod in the works which features much interaction(and voice-acting).

Pika132 said:

People, let this be a sort of lesson--please, PLEASE know what you're talking about before you post.

Learn from your own mistakes too.

P.S. Not trying to be mean, nitpicky or nerdy just trying to correct things that might discourage modmakers.

Nothing serious really.
My frown is that most logs in RTC were kinda buggy and I couldn't find my way trough them, but yeah, discovering that I'm a cyborg (I could use a *spoiler* tag) was jaw-dropping.

well for all you peeps who are still the least bit interested:

similar in shape to the z63 rifle, but im going to use this one instead, once i fix er up some more. like adding the doomguys arm holding it.

questions? comments? critisizm? :P

is it possible to create 3d space in zdoom. like for instance:
a rod that stretches across the room, or a 3d bridge with a top and bottom where you can walk on top and walk under. or even something like a diving board that stretches over a pool and you can jump off of it and swim under it. etc. i cant think of anything else rite now...

Yeah.
Zdoom has stacked sectors (tough buggy as of now) and fake 3d-bridges. Go ask at zdoom.org, peeps will surely help You dude.

Pika132, why do you find it necsasary to attack ivanrolim's post?
He's just throwing his ideas around and english is obviously not his first language, but you still manage to be a dickhead about it when the post is a little hard to follow.
There is no room for people like you here, or anywhere for that matter.

if anyones interested, i just updated the screenshots for this project on WIP or wadsinprogress.info (for those who have never been), the project should turn up on the screen when you press Recent Wads, and the project is of cource The Corruption posted by me, Corrupt_Marine. thanks, hope you guys enjoy the new screenshots.

Sending map...

map sending failure because of that the crazy hotmail thinks there is a virus in the mail, i've got a superantivirus scanner that says theres no virus, HATE hotmail, send me your weaponwad instead so i can take some nice pics with your guns...

map failure...

KDIZD is awsome