Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MmM

Castlevania Bloodlines Merman model

Yeah, it's more-or-less paper mache. Paper towling is the "filler" material and newsprint/white glue is the exterior. I used to use cardboard for the filler, but paper towling works a lot better.

Good game, good model. :)

Are those original descriptions, BTW? It seems like I'm learning more about these characters than I've ever seen before, especially with the Splatterhouse models and so forth.

Vile: How I create a description varies. If there's a lot of source material out there (official storylines, instruction manual descriptions, biographies, monster profiles, etc.), then I base it primarily on that - I try to be true to any legitimate source material that I can find, with a little bit of my own ideas thrown in to spice it up a bit. Unfortunately, for a lot of video games, there is very little background and I have nothing to work with but my visual observations of the character's behavior in the game world itself and my imagination. Let's take the Quake Scrag, which I made a short time ago, as an example: The instruction manual has a brief description, and I can observe the creature flying about and spitting in the game itself, so that kind of stuff writes itself. After that, I start asking myself things like 'How does the Scrag fly?', which is where I came up with the body sacs and the venting/creation of buoyant gas. Transformers, on the other hand, are a far different story, there are Hasbro/Marvel Comics biographies for the majority of them which go into a great deal of detail about their personalities and capabilities - my descriptions for them are based heavily on these with little extra thrown in on my part.

Shapeless: I'm making another Castlevania figure right now, but I have been thinking about doing a Shambler - no promises though, I seldom plan what I'm working on, it just happens.

I love it :D I love Castlevania Bloodlines.

Have you ever tried making models and then converting them into Doom characters using a process similar to id's?