Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rebdoomin

7 levels, 25 to go!!!!

thanks man. and i do not get discouraged very easily.

level 8, will consist of a mountain on an island full of vegetation and it will be iwo jima . there will be a sprite with 5 marines raising a pole on top and you have to kill zombies on the way up. you will walk into the volcano opening to enter next level fight monsters in hell.

level 1, is the layout of my home
level 2, is a paintball tortoment
level 3, is a dessert
level 4, is is similar to a stone henge with some under ground sewers,
level 5, is a crop circle made by aliens from outer space
level 6, is a blood bath
and level 7 (which i finnished 5 minutes ago) is a warehouse where hell has boken loose. Level 7, you are exposed to the elements of
ice, fire, and earth.
25 levels to go!!

Ok hmmm? No offences, but this souonds plain and simply aweful imho. I dunno what weird story this megawad tells, but I can say this: Levels need to match eachother both in atmosphere and feeling. First you start of demolishing your home, then to a paintball tortoment,next a desert? I can't see a continous storyline here, can anyone tell me if I missed something. If you're making a deathmatch wad then you maybe can get away with this. But as a single player wad it's gonna be lifeless and having nothing to add. 32 themes you say? When doom2 can only handle 3 different skies? Pick 3 themes out of your themes, and make alot of levels using that theme. Next you pick out the best 11 levels and import them to map 1 thru 11, same process with map 12-20, Finnish the game off by picking a 3rd theme and importing the best levels into slot 21-32. Next thing you need to do is to make transitions from theme 1 to theme 2. If you start out on a late afternoon and heading towards the night you could slightly set the brightness of levels 7-11 softer than the first 6 levels smoothing out the brightness so when level 12 starts it is pale dark with some enlighted areas.

rebdoomin said:

I saw it in a dream once!!!!!!!!! Th holy warz!

Agree with jobro fully, especially after that.

Ehh, I won't really care whether or not the levels are consistant with each other as long as the levels look decent and have some good gameplay in it.

So... about those screenshots... you got any? :)

As Lizard said, if the maps are good you don't need any consistence between them, but if they're not, the inconsistence doesn't really help.

Here I have a little plot for this if needed.

You're particulary retarded, and a crazy armament nerd. After geting the worst punctuation in an electronic intelectual test, you release that nobody you know avoids to call you "fuck dumb". With anger you pick up the weapons you bought in the web and decide to destroy all the places that turned you into the retard you are, starting from your house. Before that you doped yourself to the balls.

I figured the story would go something like this:

"You thought Doom was just a game... well you're WRONG!

It's become a reality! Demons invaded your house and everywhere else in the world! Your parents are dead. Your friends are dead. Everyone you knew are now food for the demons. Time to take your trusty pistol and fight your way through the streets and find yourself some better firepower to take on the big bad boss himself!!!"

There you go. It's cheesy, it's short, and it doesn't have to make sense!

rebdoomin said:

My 32 level mega.wad is a one person operation.
I have been strongly discouraged by other doomers along the way but im still going.

Well i wish you the best of luck, but if i could go back in a timemachine, i would have just joined a project that needed help. I spent 11 years on and off of my life working on Hellcore, and it really wasn't worth it. Making 32 levels is a stupid task for one, two, even three people to do, unless they're small levels of course. As the years passed, my levels showed more and more age, the older they got, the worse they looked comparative to the new wads. Edmap and DCK didn't have autoalignment texture features, or 3d-editors.. it was tedious work.

Anyway, rant from a geezer. gl!

thank you guys and thank you to any one who knows consisting levels are not every thing.

I cannot get the photo bucket to work and so i cannot get the screenshots to show up.

I am not just stalling until the mega.wad is better. 5 of my friends actualy love it. But i just cant get photo bucket to work.

But Hey i recently released my 1st deathmatch doom.wad called "Divine_Fury"
its a deathmatch thats made for old school style doom2 but will runs better with a doom port.
you may get it here http://www.rebdoomin.com/doom_levels_2.html

And there, u may get some doom.wads that are like the mega.wad project only 10 times better because i was a nub when i made some of those. I still am because Im still learning and I think that is true for every one because we all have room to improve no matter what because no ones perfect. If my mega.wad wasnt good, i wouldnt have 5 of my friends coming over begging to play it again and again. No one will get the mega.wad until its done.

Thanks to those who are wishing me good luck. I appreciate it.

And about the story lines..........

Im sorry but I do not wish to use a story line about a nerd with anger issues. I want it to be about some one with a noble cause.
I just finished level eight which is based on Iwo Jima. To make the file website look less abandoned, i added a deathmatch doom.wad that I recently made.

Keep giving me Story idea's for the mega.wad and if i like it, ill give you credit in the readme file. But only to any one who comes up with a story line about some one with a noble cause.
I dont want a story line about an angry teenager with anger issues who seeks revenge.

I would prefur some a story line about someone with a noble cause. Like a teenager whos inspired to serve his country for example. I might think of a story line on my own but if any of you would like to share a story line for the mega.wad that I like, than Ill use it and give you credit in the readme.

I do like lizard's but it is a little short

Those are some clever story lines you came up but They are about angry teenagers. "Dont want that"

Thanks guys. For your advice and support.

Ps: All of your feedback and your opinions are realy helping me out.
Thank you