Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MmM

Toad-ally Thong

This is Alchymia/Alcumia, an enemy character from the video game Final Fantasy V. I started working on it Friday evening (3/9/07) and completed her Monday (3/12/07) evening.

Game sprite (for comparison).

Rotating animation:

Completed figure:

Accessories detail:

Mid-construction photos:

(A) These are the reference sketches I worked from. At first, I thought the object smoking in front of her was an urn of some kind, but after studying the sprite further, I decided it was a candle on a tripod--that's why there's a drawing of both an urn and a candle assembly underneath the toad. (B) Here's three photos of the painted head on the morning of March 10, 2007. I later altered the face structure by increasing the size and shape of the nose, making the chin more prominent, etc. (C) This row of photos depicts the complete, but unpainted, toad sculpt on the morning of March 12, 2007. (D) Here's a group of three photos showing the rough body sculpt on the morning of March 10, 2007. I later added clothing (thong, socks, and top) along with more detail. (E) These are some mock-up photos from the afternoon of March 12, 2007 that I took to give me a feel for what the final product will look like. I still need to paint the frog and make the smoke.

Webpage with more information:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/alchymia.html

This is a scale comparison photo of the last five figures I made (clockwise from far left, Quake II Strogg Flyer, Final Fantasy VI Madam, Final Fantasy V Alchymia, Mindflusher, and Kornago). The ruler is 12 inches (30 centimeters) long.

Only Square could come up with something as wacky as a barely clothed lady controlling a giant frog with a candle. Well done ;)

Nice. I love the hands and back detail. oh yeah, nice ass as well. the toad is mad cute. the face is my only complaint. the jawline, nose shape, and lips are a bit off. other than that, another fine piece there.

Quasar said:

Only Square could come up with something as wacky as a barely clothed lady controlling a giant frog with a candle. Well done ;)

That's Japan for You ^_^
Anyway, looks good,nice work there.