Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Problems with Deth (can't edit Hexen with Deth on XP)

I know most users will recommend me to use DB or DB2, but for some reason I find Deth more suitable for my editing style.
I installed Dosbox, and made Deth run on XP, yet for some reason I can't make it work with Hexen. When I run Deth with Hexen configuration the program turns pitch black, but the mouse floating in the nothing.

So, any idea of what may be causing this, and if there's a better way to run Deth? If I run out of ideas I think I'll start W98 or something.

I don't think DETH can handle Hexen's map format. There's ZETH which was a variant of DETH for ZDoom which used Hexen format. It's long been abandoned but you can still find it here:

http://zdoom.org/Download

Don't expect any support though. You are pretty much on your own with it, especially when it comes to restricting its feature set fron ZDoom to Hexen.

What GreyGhost said. If you want to edit Hexen, you gotta use the HETH version of the editor.

ZETH probably works too. But (AFAIK) since the only difference is that it added support for Zdoom, it's nothing to win by using it really.

Thanks! I din't know about this, Heth works perfect! For some reason I couldn't make Zeth to work, yet it's not a problem as I'll use DB\DB2 for the zdoom specific functions.

With the time perhaps I'll get used to DB2, but in the mean time D\Heth fits perfect for me. Thanks a lot guys!

DETH can be compiled into HETH with the right conditionals (provided you can actually find a DJGPP and libs that agree with it), but I don't think Jim actually maintained the HETH stuff so it probably doesn't work out of the box >_<

I was dealing with all this nonsense while working on Deth-EE, which as you probably know, was canceled :/

I can't run HETH from Windows, that's why I dump it. I think Doom Builder works IF you write and compile a script BEFORE saving.