Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kildeth

NOVA: The Birth - v1.1 release now on idGames!

dobu gabu maru said:

Oh yeah I forgot about this. How exactly does updating wads on /idgames work? Do I just upload the most recent beta through FTP and shoot Ty an email asking to replace the original NOVA.WAD?

Give it a try.

I'll stop bumping this thread every few months when sh*t gets done, I promise. ;)

IMPORTANT EDIT: I am making a small tweak to one of my maps. Please hold. :)

EDIT #2: After a little bit of thinking about it, I have decided to make the Cyberdemon fight at the end of Castle Bloodletting slightly less optional. I also added a bit of a nasty surprise to the fight on Hard Difficulty!

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?55kh52cmmw2ekvq

NOVA has been updated.

Hopefully that's everything. Demos will desync with 17, 20, 22, 30, 31 and possibly a few others (10 & 28?). I made the final fight of MAP30 a tad easier for runners too. Crossing my fingers that this is that last time it'll have to get updated.

My ZDoom folder has several thousand wad files in it, so when a project is "done" done, like really done, I go through and delete all the old betas and old versions of single maps I looked at. When I searched for "Nova", the first file that came up was the original 3-map alpha dated 1/8/2012. You guys have had a long road to get here. Well done!

FYI: When the new Dehacked was added to the wad, the original one was not deleted. The only difference I saw was the inter-cluster texts. Since the new Dehacked comes after the old one and Pr-Boom only uses the last Dehacked it finds in a wad, it shouldn't make a difference and shouldn't require an update. Pointing it out in case something else would require the file to be updated, so it can be cleaned up then.

The entry on Id Games is for 02/20/14. Is that okay? Is it still the updated version that will be downloaded from the link? :)

Yeah the webpage says 2/20/14, but when you download the file and open NOVA.txt it should have "/\/\/\FILE UPDATED (Ver 1.1) 8/31/15/\/\/\" in the Description portion.

dobu gabu maru said:

Yeah the webpage says 2/20/14, but when you download the file and open NOVA.txt it should have "/\/\/\FILE UPDATED (Ver 1.1) 8/31/15/\/\/\" in the Description portion.

Thank you. :)