Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gardevoir

The Ultimate Doom II : Doom II levels reimagined

I played the first four levels and I think you've truly achieved your goals of expanding the ideas of the original levels while keeping the ideas there. I will be playing more of this, but I wanted to share some thoughts first:

- There are a bit too many ambushes for my tastes (though the be fair, doom 2 had its fair share of those too). On map 3 when I got teleported to the rocket launcher, I was sandwiched between two imps. Didn't die, but until the teleporter effect wore off and I gathered my bearings, they already clawed off a solid chunk of my health. I can concede this was my fault for not clearing them out first, but it still stood out to me.

- The secrets are well done and in line with the originals. I managed to find all but two in map 4 without automap cheats. After finding those two I shook my head because I realized I could've found them easily if I thought back to the original map 4.

- In the final area of map 4, I enjoyed how the lighting in the tunnels leading to the teleporters followed you.

- I think the difficulty is fitting on UV for the "Bigger and improved" theme this wad aims for.

Patiently looking forward to seeing a full release one day!

1 hour ago, Firedust said:

It will be done when it's done.

Yes... It has been 9 years since the development is still underway. We are still waiting for it to end.

When it is finally done, I hope that Doomworld will give this Project a Mordeth Award.

Very very well-made maps.  My only complaint would be that the new maps can drag a bit (20 min per level at times), with too much new stuff and not enough familiar stuff.  But everything in here that is made is made extremely well.  Great work, been a fun play through the first 3 maps.

On 9/22/2015 at 4:37 PM, joe-ilya said:

It's also because there's an even older project with the same name : http://justindoom.angelfire.com/

I actually like the simplicity of this.  It's refreshing to see some odd texture choices and other things from back in the day.  So many maps these days are soooo complex.  This one is old-school arcade-style run-'n-shoot.

9 hours ago, Firedust said:

It will be done when it's done.

The Ultimate Doom II: Broussard Edition.