• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrogMaster

WADs Based on Real Locations?

On 9/17/2016 at 6:44 PM, Albertoni said:

I know about two:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/ufmg
It's supposedly based on the Music building of the Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil. Can't vouch for accuracy, never even been in its state, let alone near it.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/a-c/cava
Supposedly a version of Macaé's seashore. Again, can't vouch for accuracy, map looks pretty nice for a town with just vanilla textures though.

I am going to necro this because I cam across it by accident. Yes, this is accurate, I've been there and I was actually amazed to see that someone had made something like this. It made me want to do an update on this with more modern editing tools and also include other buildings in the campus. This topic is also interesting in general. 

Edit: I was talking about UFMG.

Edited by DoomGappy

I made a WAD based on my Bromsgrove College campus in 2001 and since then I’ve updated it over the years, and in 2021 it was finally done. There’s the old & new campuses plus Redditch college i attended in 1995-2001. I attended Bromsgrove College from Sep 2001 to May 2011. The old campus was demolished in 2004 & the new campus was built in 2005. @Doomlover77

IMG_5299.png

IMG_5300.png

IMG_5301.png

IMG_5302.png

IMG_5303.png

IMG_5304.png

here’s the zip file. Zdbccnw2new.zip  
Download & unzip to your Gzdoom folder and double click the .BAT file. Good luck and happy Dooming. It’s to be run with Doom2 under the latest version of Gzdoom / Zdoom. Or you can drag & drop the Zip file onto Gzdoom.exe / Zdoom.exe. 

Map 6 is a training course, map 7 is the new Bromsgrove campus, map 30 is the old Bromsgrove campus and map 31 is the Redditch campus. 

Edited by Doomlover77 : Updated with pictures of my college campus mod.

On 12/15/2023 at 10:39 PM, DoomGappy said:

I am going to necro this because I cam across it by accident. Yes, this is accurate, I've been there and I was actually amazed to see that someone had made something like this. It made me want to do an update on this with more modern editing tools and also include other buildings in the campus. This topic is also interesting in general. 

If you do, please remember to tag me when you release it

On 9/14/2016 at 7:19 PM, Li'l devil said:

I've heard that Eric Harris made a map based on his school, but i don't know if it's available on the internet.

idc how old this post is, you should be ashamed of yourself

3 hours ago, roadworx said:

idc how old this post is, you should be ashamed of yourself

Most of my 2016 posts are cringe, don't dig them out!!