Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jval

DelphiDoom 2.0.7.735 - UDMF + UMAPINFO + MBF21 (May 1, 2022)

@jvalTried the latest version and still experiencing the same lag. When not moving the mouse and standing still, everything looks and moves normally as expected with uncapped, but during walk, running and mouse movement, it's like a mix of uncapped and capped, it's not butter smooth like before. If you want, I can send you a PM with a video comparison between FPCDoom .125 and DelphiDoom .722.   

That being said, it improved a little compared to DD .721.

9 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

Delphidoom just closed while playing the wad. Both times. No nothing.

Can you give me a link to the WAD to try to find out what happened? It will be a great help to correct this.

8 hours ago, slayermbm said:

@jvalTried the latest version and still experiencing the same lag. When not moving the mouse and standing still, everything looks and moves normally as expected with uncapped, but during walk, running and mouse movement, it's like a mix of uncapped and capped, it's not butter smooth like before. If you want, I can send you a PM with a video comparison between FPCDoom .125 and DelphiDoom .722.   

That being said, it improved a little compared to DD .721.

OK,  in v. 720 or before was more smooth, the 721 has problems and 722 has some improvements. I think I'll put an option to the menu to switch to  different uncapped framerate methods.

If it's easy please send the video to check it. FPCDoom 1.12.4.125 shares the same exact logic with DelphiDoom 2.0.5.722 in uncapped framerate and both run more smooth in my computer compared to the previous versions.

11 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

Yes sorry for being slow.... http://www.mediafire.com/file/turw1mqx21wzdko/64ktexpack.wad/file

this should work. sorrysorry

OK, I've located what is causing the problem. It's the lines 408 thru 415 which do not have sidedefs. I'll put an extra check to fix this and the fix will be available in next release.

Thanks so much for reporting this problem!

EDIT:

And this is the WIP version that fixes the problem: https://sourceforge.net/projects/delphidoom/files/WIP_BUILDS/WIP_Doom_20200203.zip/download

Edited by jval

1 hour ago, jval said:

Added check for linedefs without front side

people are doing all kinds of crazy and broken things in their maps, yeah... ;-)

On 2/19/2020 at 6:55 PM, ketmar said:

people are doing all kinds of crazy and broken things in their maps, yeah... ;-)

I belive every adept of mapping creates at least one map full of broken sectors and lines in his life )

On 2/19/2020 at 5:46 PM, jval said:

Version 2.0.5.723 is available.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:46 PM, jval said:

Added summon console command.

Cool! And i have a question.Does Delphidoom support bounce types or bounce flags in decorate interpretator?

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_flags#Bouncing

On 2/19/2020 at 6:55 PM, ketmar said:

Long ago I had implemented a check for lines marked as double sided but without back sector, but never came to my mind to check for lines without sides at all :)

13 hours ago, GRAU said:

Cool! And i have a question.Does Delphidoom support bounce types or bounce flags in decorate interpretator?

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_flags#Bouncing

In Doom branch the answer is no. Heretic and Hexen branches have the FLOORBOUNCE flag. I've already put  this in my to-do list for next version.

1 hour ago, jval said:

I've already put  this in my to-do list for next version.

Nice! I use them in rdvox for new type of gibs for example. And it looks cool on qzdoom. A would like to do the same for delphidoom version.

Jval, I decided to show you he code i use for lost soul gibs (fragments)

Spoiler

actor VP_SkullPart1
{
    radius 4
    height 4
    Gravity 0.5
    +WINDTHRUST
    +SLIDESONWALLS
    +BOUNCEONWALLS
    +BOUNCEONFLOORS
    +ALLOWBOUNCEONACTORS
    +BOUNCEAUTOOFF
    BounceType Doom      // i was not sure about how flags will work themselves - novadays i see a trend to DEPRECATE complex, usefull functions like +DoomBounce, so i added a Bouncetype Doom parameter too. Some older z-ports may not use it, but they use flags instead.
    BounceFactor 0.9
    States
    {
    Spawn:
        LSPT A -1
        Stop
    }
}

So i am asking you - i need those parts to bounce 1-2 times and then stop[ bouncing (when lost some kinetic energy, lost some speed). You may do the same way as in decorate or implement some other flags and parameters, but please tell me how do they work in delphidoom then.

On 2/26/2020 at 11:49 AM, GRAU said:

Jval, I decided to show you he code i use for lost soul gibs (fragments)

Reveal hidden contents

actor VP_SkullPart1
{
    radius 4
    height 4
    Gravity 0.5
    +WINDTHRUST
    +SLIDESONWALLS
    +BOUNCEONWALLS
    +BOUNCEONFLOORS
    +ALLOWBOUNCEONACTORS
    +BOUNCEAUTOOFF
    BounceType Doom      // i was not sure about how flags will work themselves - novadays i see a trend to DEPRECATE complex, usefull functions like +DoomBounce, so i added a Bouncetype Doom parameter too. Some older z-ports may not use it, but they use flags instead.
    BounceFactor 0.9
    States
    {
    Spawn:
        LSPT A -1
        Stop
    }
}

So i am asking you - i need those parts to bounce 1-2 times and then stop[ bouncing (when lost some kinetic energy, lost some speed). You may do the same way as in decorate or implement some other flags and parameters, but please tell me how do they work in delphidoom then.

Sorry for taking a bit to reply.

Here is a small example of emulating the bouncing effect using PascalScript: DD_VP_SkullPart1.zip

And this is the ACTORDEF lump that contains the script and the VP_SkullPart1 actor:

// Bounces the calling actor 4 times, then kill it
SCRIPT DoBounceStuff;

uses 
  all;

const
  MAXBOUNCES = 4;  

var
   curbounce: integer;  
begin  
  if TActor(0).floorz = TActor(0).z then
  begin
     curbounce := TActor(0).CustomParams['curbounce'];
     if curbounce < MAXBOUNCES then
     begin
       // Lower the speed in each bounce
       TActor(0).momz := (MAXBOUNCES - curbounce) * FRACUNIT * 2;
       inc(curbounce);
       TActor(0).CustomParams['curbounce'] := curbounce;
       if curbounce >= MAXBOUNCES then
         TActor(0).Health := -1; // Go to death state
     end;	   
   end;
end.

ENDSCRIPT;

actor VP_SkullPart1
{
  width 4
  height 4
  health 1
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    LSPT A 1 A_RunScript DoBounceStuff
    Loop
  Death:
    LSPT A -1
    Stop
  }
}

I'll study the behavior of the flags and try to implement them on next version.

okay! thanks for helping me, and for implementing new functions. I'll try to make an rddvox 0.39 with Lostsoul, using this scripted function

Edited:

Idid it! but i found a problem. spawned with Summon command lostsouls (or may be all lostsouls??) sometimes fail to enter missile state when they are close to floor. It is seen in this video (second one lostsoul)

i got the same behavior without RDDVOX(

Here is RDDVOX 0.39 RC2 to test it:

RDDVOX-0.39RC2.zip

Now everyone may try it

Edited by GRAU

Hi Jval. I found a bug may be... I belive it is caused by the implementation od true 3d gameplay. So - when the lostsoul is chasing - it can fly over an item. But when lostsoul enters missile state - it hits any item on his way, even on a different height. I specialy decreased height of lostsoul for this experiment to 24, but it stillhits every item on the flor in attack state( It acts the same even WITHOUT rddvox!

Here is a video.

Can you do something with it? Or may be there is a sort of option in menu for that?

1 hour ago, GRAU said:

Hi Jval. I found a bug may be... I belive it is caused by the implementation od true 3d gameplay. So - when the lostsoul is chasing - it can fly over an item. But when lostsoul enters missile state - it hits any item on his way, even on a different height. I specialy decreased height of lostsoul for this experiment to 24, but it stillhits every item on the flor in attack state( It acts the same even WITHOUT rddvox!

I think that this is the vanilla behavior,, not a bug. The problem is that, even with the PASSMOBJ flag, the lost soul slams if in missile state to medikits etc.....

1 hour ago, GRAU said:

Can you do something with it? Or may be there is a sort of option in menu for that?

The fix must be done when the PASSMOBJ  flag is on. It will allow uninterrupted attacks of lost souls.

Version 2.0.5.724 is available.

What's new:

• Fix LOST SOUL attack when PASSOBJ flag is set.  Example can be downloaded here.
  • Added FLOORBOUNCE, CEILINGBOUNCE and WALLBOUNCE mobj flags.
  • Added new ACTORDEF functions to set/unset the new bouncing flags:
    •  A_SetFloorBounce
    • A_UnSetFloorBounce
    • A_SetCeilingBounce
    • A_UnSetCeilingBounce
    • A_SetWallBounce
    • A_UnSetWallBounce
  • Fixed bug that could crash the engine when MAPS without nodes are stored in continuous lumps inside WAD.

• Fixed texture cache bug that could crash the engine (in some occasions texture height was set to zero or to the wrong value in textures with height greater than 128px).

• Fixed bug that could crash the engine while spawning map things.

Downloads:

2 hours ago, jval said:

Fixed bug that could crash the engine when MAPS without nodes are stored in continuous lumps inside WAD.

O_O it is not even legal, i guess, nodes lump should present anyway. how did people... ah, nevermind, it is doom, everything is possible! ;-)

5 hours ago, GRAU said:

There is still some issue in LostSoul behaviour - look at this

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ak8_4rEu1MdOyxIGlw3Qsim-QlXJmnOT

This is vanilla behavior, I think that this is the lost soul target amnesia bug, it has nothing to do with the new code or the PASSMOBJ flag.

I've recorded a demo with chocolate doom: test_lost_soul_CHOCO_DEMO.zip to replicate the phenomenon.

I've played back successfully and without de-syncs with Chocolate Doom, Crispy Doom, PRBoom+, FPCDoom and DelphiDoom.

Here is a screenshot with DelphiDoom:

SSHOT_Doom_20200310_205432644.png.60e5b712cb691ab3ecf5fd56f9b88f68.png

And a Chocolate Doom screenshot:

DOOM01.png.dfb7d3bcadef9d80b4f16cf91e8bb374.png

On 3/8/2020 at 10:59 PM, ketmar said:

O_O it is not even legal, i guess, nodes lump should present anyway. how did people... ah, nevermind, it is doom, everything is possible! ;-)

Actually, I encountered this with a side-project of mine, not a people wad :D

But since DelphiDoom is supposed to work even with maps without nodes, I made the fix. :)

3 hours ago, jval said:

Actually, I encountered this with a side-project of mine, not a people wad :D

why, you're the part of the doom community too, so you count as "people"! and often source port author and map author are two different people, even if they share the same body. ;-)

Well i thought a little here... Is there a way to render voxel shadows in software? we can get them with the same algorythm as the voxel rendering itself - the engine prerenders a view of voxel from the top/heavylight direction (another option i would like to ask) and then applies this form to the floor texture wirth a renderstyle substractive 20-30% alpha??

On 3/11/2020 at 1:31 AM, ketmar said:

why, you're the part of the doom community too, so you count as "people"! and often source port author and map author are two different people, even if they share the same body. ;-)

Yes I am. The side project is not pure Doom related, only doom-engine related ;-)

On 3/12/2020 at 10:49 PM, GRAU said:

Well i thought a little here... Is there a way to render voxel shadows in software? we can get them with the same algorythm as the voxel rendering itself - the engine prerenders a view of voxel from the top/heavylight direction (another option i would like to ask) and then applies this form to the floor texture wirth a renderstyle substractive 20-30% alpha??

Do you mean cast shadows just vertically in the floor by project the top-view mask of the voxel to the floor ?

Hmm, seems tough task for the software renderer.

It would be easier to the OpenGL renderer, in fact it's something that I remember from my DelphiQuake project .... (and it is at the GLQuake code) (it is for models, but since voxels in DelphiDoom OpenGL mode are rendered as models it would be easily applicable)

Any shadows in delphidoom will look nice. I just wanted to say - i think it's time to think about shadows in delphidoom. Don't you like this idea? Offcourse for gll projection shadows from dynlights would be prefered

On 3/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, GRAU said:

Any shadows in delphidoom will look nice. I just wanted to say - i think it's time to think about shadows in delphidoom. Don't you like this idea? Offcourse for gll projection shadows from dynlights would be prefered

Also dynlights will need light source declarations for walls (eg BRICKLIT - patch RW12_3 in DOOM2.WAD). I like the idea of projected shadows from dynamic lights, but needs research.

On 3/23/2020 at 1:14 PM, GRAU said:

another thing i think about - is there a way to use voxels for hud?

No, unfortunately voxels can not be used for hud and player weapons. 

any way to implement it? may be there is a way to process hud voxels with some different logics?