Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alaux

Smooth Doom on MBF21 + DSDHacked (Standard Edition V5 and Classic Edition V3 Released)

26 minutes ago, Floowand said:

Is it intended that the fists don't have gloves in the black gloves addon?

Unless I somehow missed Fist sprites with black gloves amongst Smooth Doom's assets - which I don't think I did - it is exactly as it is in Smooth Doom. The fists have no gloves in the base WADs, so neither do they in the addon.

@Alaux When I'm trying to run this mod it gives this error on both Woof and Nugget Doom

image.png.af70014abd832055a8a7f4b3e685787f.png

Just now, SuyaSSS said:

@Alaux When I'm trying to run this mod it gives this error on both Woof and Nugget Doom

image.png.af70014abd832055a8a7f4b3e685787f.png

I see you're using an outdated version of Woof, and one which just so happens to have issues with DSDHacked (inherently, Nugget releases from around that time also had those issues). Could you try with the latest release?

6 minutes ago, Alaux said:

I see you're using an outdated version of Woof, and one which just so happens to have issues with DSDHacked (inherently, Nugget releases from around that time also had those issues). Could you try with the latest release?

Yeah, that was the problem. It works now, Thanks!

SD21 and SD21-Classic have been updated to V5 and V3 respectively.

Notable changes shared between both updates: fixed Pinkies when playing with Fast Monsters, which weren't made faster up until now due to a bug in DECOHack; enemies constantly facing their targets while attacking.

Rest of shared changes:

Spoiler

- Fixed Plasma Rifle not setting the Player thing to its firing state when firing continuously
- Smoothed Small Green Torch
- Tweaked Archvile attack animation
- Reformatted and cleaned up code

All changes specific to SD21: more explosion effects!; improved randomization once again; fine-tuned Shotgun casing spawning offsets.

All downloads links in the OP.

when using this mod we should enforce complevel 21

question: what happens if a mapset relies on some engine quirks of lower complevels? 

is it possible to break something?

12 minutes ago, liPillON said:

when using this mod we should enforce complevel 21

question: what happens if a mapset relies on some engine quirks of lower complevels? 

is it possible to break something?

You yourself said it; the mapset relies on complevel-specific quirks. I'm afraid some things will break, whatever they'll be.

To be fair I haven't run into any game-breaking issues myself, at least not yet, but it's probably just a matter of time until I play through a mapset that really needs some specific complevel.

I mean, playing wads intended for -lets say- complevel 9 and that do not implement any dehacked modification... should be safe, right?

at least for maps that don't heavily exploit boom features/bugs

6 minutes ago, liPillON said:

I mean, playing wads intended for -lets say- complevel 9 and that do not implement any dehacked modification... should be safe, right?

at least for maps that don't heavily exploit boom features/bugs

So long as they don't rely on cl9 quirks that aren't present in cl21, they should work.

For reference, I recently played through ICHINICHI (cl3) with SD21, worked just fine. I'm pretty sure I also played through at least some of Hydrosphere (cl9) with it, no issues either.

On 9/18/2023 at 6:04 PM, deleted-account said:

I cropped up a weapons-only version for anyone interested...
Love this project!

SD21_Weapons_Only.zip

That's nearly what I came back to the thread for, "deleted-account!" I'll take it for now, but here's what I realllllllly want: Everything (including fancy extras) EXCEPT monsters. I'm playing with voxels and don't want the monsters to be overwritten. Can anyone who exists help me with that?