Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

That one problem I have always had with CS since the original

hardcore_gamer said:

On a side note, am I the only one who thinks the AUG and the SSG are OP as fuck at the moment?

I assume you mean CS:GO? I think that a lack of balance has always been normal for CS. In CS 1.6 the only weapons that really mattered were AK47, M4A1 and the magnum sniper rifle. If one couldn't afford those, it was better to wait a round or two instead of buying something else.

Patrol1985 said:

I assume you mean CS:GO? I think that a lack of balance has always been normal for CS. In CS 1.6 the only weapons that really mattered were AK47, M4A1 and the magnum sniper rifle. If one couldn't afford those, it was better to wait a round or two instead of buying something else.

You forgot the desert eagle.

The good thing about CS Go is that it actually fixes this considerably by having many different guns many of whom are not useless. I would also argue that which weapons are "good" depends largely on the player's playstyle.

In my book, accuracy is far more important than any other weapon parameter in CS (for reasons we've numerously stated).

That's why AK47 was such a good weapon - the first shot ALWAYS hit where you aimed, only with the second shot and onwards spread kicked in.

Patrol1985 said:

In my book, accuracy is far more important than any other weapon parameter in CS (for reasons we've numerously stated).

That's why AK47 was such a good weapon - the first shot ALWAYS hit where you aimed, only with the second shot and onwards spread kicked in.

The AK being great was owed to not only the accuracy, but it's insta-kill on a headshot. Accuracy needs damage as a backup, or the MP5 would be godly in 1.6

Yeah, but in general CT seem to have more weapons that favor accuracy in general. The silenced m4 is basically a sniper rifle sans scope. And the USP-S, for that matter.

I stopped playing CS:GO because it began to feel like I was one of the background enemy soldiers in an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, I was being destroyed by LMGs, SMGs and Assault Rifles at full auto from across the map whilst I was sat there shooting in bursts and hitting jack shit (Even at point blank).

Well that, and the fact that every round ended with T-bagging, every round... I guess that is what I get for playing the peasant Xbox version.

mrthejoshmon said:

I stopped playing CS:GO because it began to feel like I was one of the background enemy soldiers in an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie, I was being destroyed by LMGs, SMGs and Assault Rifles at full auto from across the map whilst I was sat there shooting in bursts and hitting jack shit (Even at point blank).

Well that, and the fact that every round ended with T-bagging, every round... I guess that is what I get for playing the peasant Xbox version.

I wonder, are things like spread different in the console versions or are the ports completley the same.

mrthejoshmon said:

That's what you get when every Xbox players thinks the game he's playing should be Halo.

With that said, I have CS for the original Xbox.... Yah, that sure is useful...

Mr. Freeze said:

The AK being great was owed to not only the accuracy, but it's insta-kill on a headshot. Accuracy needs damage as a backup, or the MP5 would be godly in 1.6

That's true. Instantly killing headshots are also important.

Patrol1985 said:

That's true. Instantly killing headshots are also important.

Speaking of instant kill, I don't like it how the AWP can be used like an assault riffle. It would make sense if it would take 1-2 seconds setting it up before it could be fired. Then people would have to used it like an actual sniper rifle.

Without scope it shot with a tremendous spread. Of course there was this trick where you could position crosshair on the enemy, quickly switch to scope, fire, and switch back, but it required some skill (one I never really bothered to practice).

I agree with you though that some additional countermeasure for the practice would be nice. AWP is overpowered anyway :P

in regards to accuracy, many modern games come up with a bunch of needless rules for shooting to coax player into behaving more like a real soldier. The simple fact is that firing a weapon with considerable accuracy without the proper training is difficult. Pointing and clicking at a target with your mouse is not, so they include a bunch of rules to make your weapons suck unless you slow the fuck down and take your time... which is not fun. Why shooters aren't evolving past that and testing other dexterity skills to amplify the threat you are to another player is a mystery to me.

40oz said:

Why shooters aren't evolving past that and testing other dexterity skills to amplify the threat you are to another player is a mystery to me.

Because "other dexterity skills" require (as name suggests) SKILL. And the more "skill" a game requires the more attractive it is to 'hardcore players' but the less to 'casuals'. Sadly, it's the quantity of players, and not quality that generates revenue, so developer teams have constantly been trying to put various skill caps in their games ever since they learnt this sad fact.

Do casual gamers even play PC games? I'm sure I'm being naive here but for some reason when I think of a casual gamer the image that comes to my head is a kid on a couch wearing high socks, basketball shorts and a headset on the couch with an xbox controller in hand.

Whenever I hear casual gaming I think of a row of Call of Duty titles or an iPhone with every copy of angry birds on it...

Well, actually, that oddly sounds like either a Hardcore CoD person or a Hardcore AB person, so maybe that doesn't count.

Every game can have a casual player, but for the most part casual gamers don't play PC games.

geo said:

Every game can have a casual player, but for the most part casual gamers don't play PC games.

Then why do annoying people on facebook keep offering me to play candycrush with them?