Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hm, I haven't heard back from any of my testers yet on the second beta. Should I release the thing or what? o_O

But I'm weary releasing something that may not be considered "finished" yet. See, after the first test I had a lot of work to do and I wanted to make sure with the second test that all the rooms are good to the eyes.

But I haven't heard back from my testers yet...

All right.

Anyway, I'm going to wrap this up because I feel it's done, and UD wants to test it. I'm going to release Heart tomorrow unless any major problems are found. If you're a beta tester of mine, please get back to me ASAP. Thanks. =)

"531 isn't unnecessary. It's the blade of the screwdriver. Oh, and there's a SSG and an arch-vile in the void that needs to be removed."

Pardon my off-topic statement, but Nanami, you're the best/professional mapper, imo. Will you be the father of my children?

Nanami said:

UD are you still doing /newstuff this week? I heard a rumor that deathz0r is doing it.

Deathz0r is getting fired for negligence beyond his control.

Nanami said:

Hm, I haven't heard back from any of my testers yet on the second beta...

Excuse me, but If we're talkin about the second version of Heart I did reviewed it and posted a reply. Anyway I think the map's ready to be released, Nanami.

And what about testing my maps?

ellmo said:

Excuse me, but If we're talkin about the second version of Heart I did reviewed it and posted a reply. Anyway I think the map's ready to be released, Nanami.

Well you're the only one who's said anything yet. =P

I played through half of your maps and then had to do other things. They were pretty nice. Subtle slope usage and fairly undifficult skill (I never had a problem dying). The first few levels are almost exclusively pistol though and personally I find that boring. A chaingun might be nice somewhere at the start.

I didn't notice any glaring mistakes, but in a series of maps it's hard to concentrate on just one map. A quick runthrough didn't find anything worth mentioning. If it's a ZDoom mod I might appreciate more on-screen text, since sometimes that adds to the gameplay. You could have dialogue, monologue, mission objectives, or just level names if you like.

Okay, it's almost 9:30 here so I went ahead and uploaded it to incoming. I figured it was late enough in the day, and I didn't want to wait too late in the week. I hope you enjoy it UD.

Nanami said:

The first few levels are almost exclusively pistol though and personally I find that boring.

Well, I wanted to increase the map difficulty, and I find it very annoying, when you pickup weapons just on the beggining of the WAD. That's why I never liked Doom2 map01, coz you may find three weapons in 30 seconds, what makes the game too easy.

BTW there is a shotgun in e1m1... and plenty of ammo for it. The chaingun is in e1m5, and RL in e1m7... still this is only the first episode, nah?

ellmo said:

Well, I wanted to increase the map difficulty, and I find it very annoying, when you pickup weapons just on the beggining of the WAD. That's why I never liked Doom2 map01, coz you may find three weapons in 30 seconds, what makes the game too easy.

CAM (couldn't agree more).

It may or not make it into /newstuff, it was submitted late (since when is Thursday at 9:00 late?). I sent it to UD though and he may review it.

However, there's an important bug that 48.cab of ZDoom shows off, and the level looks like total crap, so if you play it using ZDoom, make sure you use 47i or a previous version, or 49 which is supposed to come out tonight.

If Ty moves it to incoming before I go to bed, yes. (unlikely, but it has happened once before)

Unless you can get it to me within the next couple of hours. (assuming it's your wad)