Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Revved

Doom 2 Unleashed + 2048 Unleashed demos [-complevel 9]

Revved said:

Huh. To me, it's not that much of a problem. I have a demo for Map 49, where they same thing happens. It still crashes at the end, but the demo is still fully recorded. I just use advanced HUD when looking back to check the actual time.

I had an attempt on another map where it just crashed with that error before even exiting as well, which is confusing. Either way, if demos are fine to be submitted in this way, I'll upload one properly

pccp235tyson427.zip

That CWILV error is something to do with the level name graphic in the end of level tally screen. Since it isn't a signal 11 error as per usual with a PNG format graphic being left in the wad, I'd say the error is happening because the author forgot to put it in at all.

doesn't the doom source (persistent in prb+) contain finite-length arrays for misc bits of level data (e.g. level graphics, music, etc.) that prevent levels 32+ from being functional? (or 35+ if you count the free music slots for intermission music and whatnot)

I wonder how much work it would be to have prb+ support arbitrary # of levels, or maybe up to 100 to keep the cwilvXX naming schemes..

Ribbiks said:

I wonder how much work it would be to have prb+ support arbitrary # of levels, or maybe up to 100 to keep the cwilvXX naming schemes..

I'm gonna guess it wouldn't take much, in fact, it probably is a simple reference that is just based on the IWADs (since that's what the port is intended to do anyways) and could be extended with no real consequence.

Upon investigating the PWAD however, it contains no CWILV graphics whatsoever. Considering the error given by PrBoom+, it kinda seems like it did look for a specific CWILV patch to display, and since the IWAD doesn't have a level 35, didn't find one being as the PWAD didn't provide it.

In fact, now that I have tested it after adding an arbitrary CWILV patch from my collection, it worked flawlessly! If they had simply added the patches to begin with, it would function perfectly. The music is still weird tho, upon exiting the map it stayed as the same track, and then when I tried to enter the next map it (as expected) told me it couldn't find CWILV35, which is MAP36's Title Patch Graphic.

I guess that explains it?

Cyberdemon531 said:

So just add a bunch of arbitrary patches to a wad and load it alongside it? Maybe I/we should ask pcorf for an update to add them.

That would most likely work. As long as there is -something- there for the engine to show in Doom GFX format it -should- proceed as expected (and testing it myself, seems to work fine). Although the music complicates things a little bit. Upon exiting MAP35 with music still on, it drops a "Bad music number: 68" error on me and terminates. So there's that to worry about as well. I suppose going -nomusic and recording a demo will function fine however, and should we ask nicely enough, pcorf will probably agree to adding CWILVXX's for the levels.

EDIT: Although after adding some placeholders myself, it definitely will work, and even an episode run will function properly if -nomusic is used.

More PCCP2 demos.

MAP01 UV Max in 1:14
MAP02 UV Max in 1:11
MAP02 UV -Fast in 1:59
MAP02 UV -Respawn in 1:10
MAP02 UV Speed in 0:23
MAP02 NM Speed in 1:34
MAP02 No Monsters in 0:20
MAP03 UV Max in 1:45
MAP04 UV Max in 2:15
MAP05 UV Max in 2:14
MAP06 UV Max in 2:57
MAP07 UV Max in 2:45
MAP08 UV Max in 3:52
MAP13 UV -Fast in 5:33
MAP13 Tyson in 11:59
MAP33 UV Speed in 0:23

pccp2demos_12-17-15.zip

Cyberdemon531 said:

What were the other times, out of curiosity?

Also, MAP04 UV Max in 2:01 and MAP11 UV Max in 4:27

MAP01 in 1:24
MAP02 in 1:13
MAP03 in 1:57
MAP05 in 2:15

Here's a bunch of Pcorf Community Project 2 demos

Map 10 UV Max in 3:58
Map 12 UV Max in 1:34
Map 34 UV Max in 1:37
Map 35 UV Max in 1:14
Map 40 UV Max in 1:47
Map 46 UV Max in 6:46
Map 49 UV Max in 1:02

pccp2rev.zip

PjSpartacus said:

So how do you watch demos after 32?

Demo for map35 works without problems for me (at least if launched from command line). For others, try using -nomusic parameter.