Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revenant100

The Revenant Problem - A Philosophical Doom 2 Map

25 minutes ago, FraxGamer314 said:

Uhh...can I beat MAP30?

Yes sit tight and wait. You don't need to be alive to complete that level.

11 hours ago, FraxGamer314 said:

Uhh...can I beat MAP30?

As they say, patience is a virtue, and virtue is one of the greatest guiding principles in moral philosophy.

I'll also say here that cheat codes are never required at any point in the WAD. Contrary to the (quite inexplicable and baffling) conclusions I've seen come to a few times, every level can be conquered with nothing more than your wits and your morals. That includes getting to the secret levels. Perhaps a clue as to the canonical way of traveling to MAP31 is part of this very post!

3 hours ago, Revenant100 said:

As they say, patience is a virtue, and virtue is one of the greatest guiding principles in moral philosophy.

I'll also say here that cheat codes are never required at any point in the WAD. Contrary to the (quite inexplicable and baffling) conclusions I've seen come to a few times, every level can be conquered with nothing more than your wits and your morals. That includes getting to the secret levels. Perhaps a clue as to the canonical way of traveling to MAP31 is part of this very post!

Best response ever.

Guess I'll go back in time to meet the greek philosophe Diarrheus which probably got the answer!

Here's the thing... as Doomguy, the obvious choice is to kill the bigger threat. You all can play morally, but all I see are demons and hellspawn that need to be sent back to hell in as many pieces as possible.

Can you really kill Commander Keen when he's hanging dead already?

31 minutes ago, geo said:

Can you really kill Commander Keen when he's hanging dead already?

Keens contribute to the kill percentage tally, so they are canonically not dead.

Haven't seen this til now but it's such an original and well-executed idea. The way you presented it in the video was a great combination of informative and hilarious. Never has a Doom wad faced me with a staggering moral quandary, let alone 32 of them. Well done!

3 hours ago, Revenant100 said:

Keens contribute to the kill percentage tally, so they are canonically not dead.

Always thought about that,takes map32 disturbing level up to eleven!

Almost wish they waited for removing the Best Joke Wad Award for this! Unlike many joke wads, this actually got a few good chuckles out of me. I mean, it's silly, but it worked.