Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrbnBased

Delta Touch on Android

Decided to download this again on a new ARM64 device... why am I only seeing the four GZDoom versions (1.9.1, 3.2.5, 3.8.2, DEV 4.8.2 (not sure what version that reflects exactly if I wanted an identical build on Windows)?

2 hours ago, Danfun64 said:

Decided to download this again on a new ARM64 device... why am I only seeing the four GZDoom versions (1.9.1, 3.2.5, 3.8.2, DEV 4.8.2 (not sure what version that reflects exactly if I wanted an identical build on Windows)?

Because having all versions bundled would be a waste of time and possibly resources as well. Say, if you have GZDoom 4.5.0 on your pc, or GZDoom DEV 4.9-pre but you only have 4.8.2 on phone, you'll have to deal with it basically

Out of curiosity, what version do you use on your PC?

Also yeah, try doing what the person above me said if you want another sourceport

I honestly didn't notice the arrow on the left at first. Thanks for pointing that out, @Shockwave_S08!

How is Dev 4.8.2 different from the 4.8.2 listed on the zdoom website, if at all? A different commit perhaps? 

Edited by Danfun64

1 minute ago, Danfun64 said:

How is Dev 4.8.2 different from the 4.8.2 listed on the zdoom website, if at all? A different commit perhaps? 

It's tagged as Dev for whatever reason although I haven't noticed any differences

On 10/27/2022 at 1:04 AM, Danfun64 said:

I honestly notice the arrow on the left at first. Thanks for pointing that out, @Shockwave_S08!

Apart from the mobile change its the same, should have the same mod compatibility.

Hi friends.

We have 3 stable servers online in doom3 when playing on delta touch.

I'm able to join both deathmatch servers, but suddenly crash when trying to join the co-op mode server.

I'm using delta touch android Samsung a50. 

I've already turned the punkbuster on and off.

Do I need to input my game key?

Could you please help?

Screenshot_20221101-023105.jpg

Edited by Udet

On 11/1/2022 at 2:32 AM, Udet said:

Hi friends.

We have 3 stable servers online in doom3 when playing on delta touch.

I'm able to join both deathmatch servers, but suddenly crash when trying to join the co-op mode server.

I'm using delta touch android Samsung a50. 

I've already turned the punkbuster on and off.

Do I need to input my game key?

Could you please help?

Screenshot_20221101-023105.jpg

I don't think actual multiplayer is supported on this port. You'll have to do with bot deathmatch

Or more accurately, Dhewm3 is not compatible with servers running through the vanilla, original version of Doom 3. On top of different master servers for both, there's the matter of trying to port whatever co-op mod is being used, into Delta Touch itself. No source code, no port.

Can I ask is their a lite version of this app. I can't afford one due to the fact I'm very strict on money here. 

has the problem with ym2612 based songs sounding fucking awful finally recived some kind of fix so I can listen to music that is originally there in Reelism 2 for certain rounds.

Like I don't know how to describe the problem other than Sega Genesis music that is read through what I assume are the .vgz file come off as using static and ear rapey rather than how the song is intended to sound. I have no way of really recording the problem directly but I hope you can understand what I am saying.

also sonic robo blast 2 & ENDOOM screen support when?

Edited by UltraEpicLeader100 : coheasion attempt

On 11/17/2022 at 12:42 AM, PLeeZen said:

Can I ask is their a lite version of this app. I can't afford one due to the fact I'm very strict on money here. 

no. though there is a port of an older GZDoom version to android on github if you're interested, I think it's v4.5.0 or smth

22 hours ago, UltraEpicLeader100 said:

has the problem with ym2612 based songs sounding fucking awful finally recived some kind of fix so I can listen to music that is originally there in Reelism 2 for certain rounds.

Like I don't know how to describe the problem other than Sega Genesis music that is read through what I assume are the .vgz file come off as using static and ear rapey rather than how the song is intended to sound. I have no way of really recording the problem directly but I hope you can understand what I am saying.

there's a multitude of different sound options to choose from and it seems you chose FluidSynth which uses a soundfont, so... yeah it's gonna sound like that

there's libOPN which does a good job at making Doom sound more like the Sound Blaster OPL2/3 and honestly just 16-bit console music in general

22 hours ago, UltraEpicLeader100 said:

also sonic robo blast 2 & ENDOOM screen support when?

ENDOOM is already in place on G/LZDoom, Chocolate Doom, and I believe Zandronum as well. it's just a matter of enabling it on the menus for G/LZDoom and Zandronum

also no lol. SRB2's .pk3 resources use a different file structure than the one commonly used in ZDoom mods. I checked that out for myself and it couldn't get a PLAYPAL value to even start the game at all

it does have an android port tho and that one is very well made. it might be a hassle to set up if you're going for a touchscreen only gameplay

On 11/18/2022 at 5:38 PM, Swagskart said:

there's a multitude of different sound options to choose from and it seems you chose FluidSynth which uses a soundfont, so... yeah it's gonna sound like that

there's libOPN which does a good job at making Doom sound more like the Sound Blaster OPL2/3 and honestly just 16-bit console music in general

Few problems with this. And this time I recorded the awful quality issue I'm complaining about:

This is Diamond Dust Zone Act 1 From Sonic 3D Blast. Sounds good right?

This is how utterly mangled it sounds when played in Delta Touch. (mind you I only recorded 8 or so seconds because I can't stand how butchered it sounds.)

On 11/18/2022 at 5:38 PM, Swagskart said:

no lol. SRB2's .pk3 resources use a different file structure than the one commonly used in ZDoom mods. I checked that out for myself and it couldn't get a PLAYPAL value to even start the game at all

it does have an android port tho and that one is very well made. it might be a hassle to set up if you're going for a touchscreen only gameplay

I was going for a "literally the only way I can play it on a chromebook without needing either Linux or devloper mode because I'd rather not set up virtual linux due to how memory hungry it is and I'm too scared to enter developer mode.

Uh hello! Is there any way I could get a key for delta touch? I'm sorry for asking because I know it's something many ask for. If possible I would really appreciate! Sorry again for being a beggar

On 11/23/2022 at 5:49 PM, UltraEpicLeader100 said:

Few problems with this. And this time I recorded the awful quality issue I'm complaining about:

This is Diamond Dust Zone Act 1 From Sonic 3D Blast. Sounds good right?

This is how utterly mangled it sounds when played in Delta Touch. (mind you I only recorded 8 or so seconds because I can't stand how butchered it sounds.)

yeah that does sound awful but did you check to make sure it ain't just a problem with ChromeOS or your specific Chromebook? some might have an issue with sound on Android apps

On 11/23/2022 at 5:49 PM, UltraEpicLeader100 said:

I was going for a "literally the only way I can play it on a chromebook without needing either Linux or devloper mode because I'd rather not set up virtual linux due to how memory hungry it is and I'm too scared to enter developer mode.

well if your chromebook has at least 32 gigabytes of internal storage and support for putting in an SD Card, you could set up the Linux container in either really and it would work fine

Decided to pick this up for a "test drive" on a Samsung Chromebook 4 - and I'm wondering, is it normal for Chromebooks like that to get stuttering and sub-60fps? It defaulted to full resolution by default and it runs at 45fps with noticeable input lag and sometimes drops down to the 30fps region. Changing it to Lowest Resolution Possible didn't help either. I can only get playable framerates if I'm using Software or Truecolor Software, and that's with OpenGL as the software canvas instead of Softpoly.

I'm using GLES 2, btw. AIDA64 said it supported only up to GLES 3.1 so I didn't bother with trying out GLES 3.2.

22 hours ago, Swagskart said:

Decided to pick this up for a "test drive" on a Samsung Chromebook 4 - and I'm wondering, is it normal for Chromebooks like that to get stuttering and sub-60fps? It defaulted to full resolution by default and it runs at 45fps with noticeable input lag and sometimes drops down to the 30fps region. Changing it to Lowest Resolution Possible didn't help either. I can only get playable framerates if I'm using Software or Truecolor Software, and that's with OpenGL as the software canvas instead of Softpoly.

I'm using GLES 2, btw. AIDA64 said it supported only up to GLES 3.1 so I didn't bother with trying out GLES 3.2.

Are you playing with mods or vanilla Doom? Gzdoom 4.8? 

3 hours ago, beloko said:

Are you playing with mods or vanilla Doom? Gzdoom 4.8? 

Yeah. I'm currently playing with no mods on the latest version available

Delta touch and all apps EMILE  made in general are GENIUS!! 

Delta touch is basically the GMOD of Android nowadays .

You can combine so many amazing mods ,maps and add-ons .Even stuff which wasn't meant to be changed or combined .

Select a map you like ..as an example VENICE,NEW YORK,CASTLES ,FORESTS ,URBAN ENVIRONMENT,REASLISTIC THEMED ,COMIC STYLED  or even a city in 23century ..

More cyberpunk oriented ? Or rather dystopian apocalypse wasteland ? 

Now for the TEXTURES for that map ..

Want it to look DARK and HORROR like ? Or 4K HD TEXTURES WITH PARRALAX and PBR EFFECTS ? Maybe STARWARS Themed ? OR DUKE NUKEM ? How about all one colour ? Or all colours changing ?? 

And weapons ? Sure .why not the complete COD MW Arsenal or maybe CS1.6 ? Or you like going crazy with NUKELAUNCHERS and REMOTE CONTROLLED SNIPER RIFLES .Or how about a nice wester themed weapon pack ? Revolvers and old rifles ? Or how about PUPG ,BULLETSTORM ,PAINKILLER ,UNREAL ,QUAKE-weapons  and hundreds of thousands more ? 

And now to the enemies .. Wanna fight demons ? More ugly demons ? More dangerous demons ? Thousands of demons ? Or how about some RUSSIAN MERCS  ? Or some fetish girls from the furry convention ? How about rogue ANGELS ? Or BUGS ? SOLDIERS ,SPIDERS ,TERRORISTS , MUTANTS ,RAIDERS .. everything there ..

And now that you have a environment and enemies to kill with your weapons ..now is MUTATOR TIME !! 

How about enabling SLIDE MODE and DOUBLE JUMP ..FASTER SHOOTING ,SLOWMOTION ,WALLJUMP and LEANING ? And don't forget 

A nice WEATHER add-on . And if you really wanna go crazy ..How about 10X the enemies ? 

Or REINFORCEMENTS SPAWNING ? Or male any enemies LOOK DIFFERENT WITH universal ENTROPY ? And there are sooooo many of those add-ons .I have over 16gb of those  .

So ..and last but not least .. 

Sound .. what about some DEAD SPACE BREATHING SOUNDS? or maybe you want your map to have a UNIVERSAL AMBIENT sound? Or male all enemies sound like SCAVS from EFT ? 

What about STEP SOUNDS ? Or maybe a complete sound rework ? 

And of course MUSIC .. not only do we have hundreds of AWESOME music add-ons .But even DYNAMIC ones which change the music accordingly to the action unfolding .

Yes ..THIS ALL is possible in Delta touch .

And so much more !!!

-5238126231868785109_121.jpg

-5238126231868785110_121.jpg

On 11/29/2022 at 3:33 PM, Swagskart said:

yeah that does sound awful but did you check to make sure it ain't just a problem with ChromeOS or your specific Chromebook? some might have an issue with sound on Android apps

I have retroarch on it as well. The music in the genesis games sound normal when played on Retroarch and not like the mangled version seen in the recording I made.

On 11/29/2022 at 3:33 PM, Swagskart said:

well if your chromebook has at least 32 gigabytes of internal storage and support for putting in an SD Card, you could set up the Linux container in either really and it would work fine

I'll just hold off on playing SRB2 or it's Persona spinoff or it's Kart spinoff for now.

On 6/9/2019 at 4:32 AM, CrbnBased said:

I rarely use it, but I recently got a mod to work!! I think it's way better than the official port which is pretty funny. But it takes alot of setup for it to work properly. Good app but will never replace PC for me.

On almost all versions of Delta Touch I have at some point stuck in-game touchpad, ie after a certain period of time the buttons just stuck on the last action and all further action with the touchpad is ignored, in the menu (doom port's menu) time interval ~3-9 seconds, and in the game ~ 1-2 seconds. This issue with all ports, and I tried changing the touchpad settings and use alternate code - no changes.

Edited by Il_Str

15 minutes ago, Il_Str said:

On almost all versions of Delta Touch I have at some point stuck in-game touchpad, ie after a certain period of time the buttons just stuck on the last action and all further action with the touchpad is ignored, in the menu (doom port's menu) time interval ~3-9 seconds, and in the game ~ 1-2 seconds. This issue with all ports, and I tried changing the touchpad settings and use alternate code - no changes.

I have a normal version if you want I can send it to you

1 minute ago, Serious Vadim said:

I have a normal version if you want I can send it to you

Ok...

Spoiler

But the creators of the forum and the emulator will approve? We won't get our asses kicked in this forum?

Anyone uses Shooting Plus v3 by any chance? I bought a gamepad and im using that app to bind the touchscreen buttons to the gamepad buttons and there's some sort of bug that doesn't allow me to properly move and shoot at the same time. The trigger becomes stuck or something, im not sure if when I strate at the same time as I start shooting or something.

10 minutes ago, mankubus said:

Anyone uses Shooting Plus v3 by any chance? I bought a gamepad and im using that app to bind the touchscreen buttons to the gamepad buttons and there's some sort of bug that doesn't allow me to properly move and shoot at the same time. The trigger becomes stuck or something, im not sure if when I strate at the same time as I start shooting or something.

Delta Touch already has built in controller support, I've tried with my Snes replica 8-bitdo (which works but the tiny analog sticks are useless for Doom), an X-box series controller and a Switch Pro (both are fine). I couldn't use the touch controls, some may manage but it was unplayable for me, but with a controller it's fine. Although controls are still emulating touch screen so you can't turn off auto run but otherwise it's pretty much the same as playing on X-box or whatever. 

This is my 80 working iwad/ipk3 list that work on Delta touch and also to show that psx doom isn't a iwad. Hedon 2 demo ipk3 also works but a bit too big to keep on my phone. Murk ipk3 works but the hud is almost the size of the screen making the game unplayable.i know there are more doom and doom 2 wads like bfg versions and a retail beta of hexen but otherwise pretty complete list of working games. I could only get the earlier pk3 mod of zamntc to work not the ipk3. Snap game didn't work. Jotun ipk3 doesn't work. Many of the steam ipk3s don't work. Hope this helps people. 😉

(added more iwads in later post)

Screenshot_2023-03-31_223706.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222612.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222624.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222644.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222657.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222706.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222718.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222730.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222744.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222754.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222803.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222811.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222822.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222832.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222842.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222854.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222905.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222917.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222926.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_222944.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_223141.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_223152.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_223246.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_223323.jpg

Edited by smilerb

I have collected doom 3, classic doom and 20 other mods for doom 3 on Delta Touch. Just didn't have enough room for RoE and lost missions need RoE to work 🙂

Screenshot_2023-03-31_231925.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_231937.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_231947.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_232005.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_232016.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-31_232032.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-09_171922.jpgScreenshot_2023-05-10_040325.jpg.1fe0e98439c7917905bb7d99edaa880b.jpg

Edited by smilerb : Added 2 mods