Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rodent

CD/DVD Emulation Error

Well guys, bad news!
I got my copy at 7:05pm at the local Gamestop. Go home, and install before 8:00pm, order pizza, hang up, click the icon and WHAM:

CD/DVD Emulation has been detected. Please disable all emulation and restart Doom3.

Well...I have turned off AnyDVD, disable Virtual Clone Drive and even deleted the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Elaborate Bytes] hive from my registry, still butkiss.

So, I am guessing I am one of the early ones, and noone has an answer yet. So, beware...there is no specific troubleshooting out there. Sounds like this is pretty good copy protection...Do you have a CD ROM? Oh, well sorry then, can't run .exe

I am about 5 minutes away from using a NOCD.
Which really pisses me off, since I gave $60 on the first day.

Apparently Doom3 uses safedisc, which is anti-burner/emulator. Make sure the processes are not running. You can do this in XP by doing ctrl-alt-del and goto the processes tab.

Otherwise, nab a crack somewhere. :P

edit: Painkiller had the same problem and it was a bitch to deal with.

Aeroripper, it was a joke. That was my point, what could I possibly have going.

Gatewatcher...screw you. I bought my copy at 7pm at Gamestop. I am tired of everyone in every forum bitching about "Is it BETA?" when everyone posts s problem.
First off, a some of us, granted not must, that post here have jobs and money, and bought the game legit. Just because you don't have it doesn't mean some store is not selling.
Second, watch the forums, particularly over at PlanetDOOM. As the night goes on, more and more people have it, and more and more people have problems. Namely certain configurations of ATI 9800's have speckles, although mine is fine. Also there are a number of games crash issues.

Twig, I feel you.
Skullfish, thanks. That is exactly what I did. I am using a nocd exe. Then after that, I still had to tweak drivers.

So, I have played for a bout an hour and WOW. But still the CD/DVD thing annoys the piss out of me. If they are gonna stop the game for something that generic, at least freaking tell me the process or key causing it. This is a game where I would have actually used the legit disk for the 'new' feeling.

And fyi, I work in IT, I have scoured the registery, disabled clone drive, AnyDVD, etc, etc. Even killed the Elaborate Bytes registry hive. The only thing left would be uninstall the clone software and that is not happening, as I use it to make backup .ISOs in case of media failure.

F*cking activision could have at least documented the error code.

Don't cry about it, that's the worst way to solve a problem. Railgunner gave you some tips, maybe those will help, but tears and flames won't.

Sorry rodent didn't mean to come off as a dick

I just couldn't make any sense of it cause safedisc is stupid

I think its funny its generally the publishers who decide to put all the shotty copy protection on stuff that ends up causing more problems than it solves...

One thing i've noticed with others games also is that a "nocd" crack also gives you a big boost in loading times and overall FPS in the game

It just seems like a brute force anti-piracy method that screws things up.............................

Well, then Gatey, don't accuse me of having warez :-) That was as much a flame as my description of an actual problem.

And, aero, no worries, you were not a dick, I was just annoyed at the stupid thing last night. The message is just so damn vague, it might as well be the CDROM.
I am using the reloaded NOCD for now, and it is working jsut fine.

Get a no-cd crack. Email me for a site I use (they might not have Doom 3 up yet, but they will). I don't like the anti pirating stuff cause the games run like shit and sometimes won't load. Plus games run hella fast when they don't check for the cd.