Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
renagade

Screenshot on an unnamed project..

Not too much to say about said project, I am just mapping randomly at the moment and I wanna make sure If this is going on the right track, or so to speak.

The contrast of the cages seems somewhat high (super bright behind black grate and the room is not lit by it) and the red lights rays seem too tall (they look like pillars or something, heh). Other than that, looks cool I think.

CodeImp said:

The contrast of the cages seems somewhat high (super bright behind black grate and the room is not lit by it) and the red lights rays seem too tall (they look like pillars or something, heh). Other than that, looks cool I think.

Alright, I will get on that, Thanks. =)

You could put grey/light colour pillars inside the room, close to the cages to connect what's behind the cage with the inside of the room..

Looks nice.

chopkinsca said:

You could put grey/light colour pillars inside the room, close to the cages to connect what's behind the cage with the inside of the room..

Looks nice.

Well the Cage is supposed to Repisent (sp?) a sorta "Portal" Between the world were the doom guy is, and the spirit wall, as the texture that you can see is spirits or souls, I can't make out the texture itself. O.o

CodeImp said:

I actually find that kind of cool.

Yeah i agree with craigs, i like the contrast between the bright back of the cages and the dark insides of the room. I can't really tell, but is that red light being given off by the sky. If so, your sky should be more hell oriented. Overall good use of lighting and textures, but the level design seems to be a bit discombobulated.

fiend-o-hell said:

Yeah i agree with craigs, i like the contrast between the bright back of the cages and the dark insides of the room. I can't really tell, but is that red light being given off by the sky. If so, your sky should be more hell oriented. Overall good use of lighting and textures, but the level design seems to be a bit discombobulated.

Yeah the Sky Needs to be changed, but when ever I try either by Mapinfo or Skybox, I keep getting This wierd-arse Error thing, where they sky turns green and white, and it is in bar pattern. :S

I kinda stopped working because life is getting hectic and what not x_x;

It's been a while since ive even touched the GLDEFS lump since ive been busy working on other aspects of my map so i just use enjay's skys or graf's (i think) skys.

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=832

I got this HUGE collection of skys that came in a wad and i dont remember where i downloaded it from, but im pretty sure graf made it. Theirs a couple of nice hell themed skys in there.

fiend-o-hell said:

It's been a while since ive even touched the GLDEFS lump since ive been busy working on other aspects of my map so i just use enjay's skys or graf's (i think) skys.

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=832

I got this HUGE collection of skys that came in a wad and i dont remember where i downloaded it from, but im pretty sure graf made it. Theirs a couple of nice hell themed skys in there.

:S I could never get the hang of 3D boxes, I don't really know how there used and stuff...