Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joshy

Plutonia 3 [boom-compatible megawad] - Mini Teaser Release

gonna go download it and try a few maps, it's the 31st here but timezones are a thing so

Is the status bar for this wad gonna be the same as Plutonia 2 or is it gonna be the same one as PRCP and PRCP 2?

Just downloaded this and it looks really nice. I can't wait for the final version of this wad to be released!

Congrats on the not-yet-release! Hopefully this gets appetites whetted, and hopefully it gets the rest of us in the right form and mood to finish this bad boy up. Of course, assuming it's not all one big April Fool's day prank.

5 hours ago, Lingyan203 said:

Is the status bar for this wad gonna be the same as Plutonia 2 or is it gonna be the same one as PRCP and PRCP 2?

The final release will have a completely new, bespoke set of status bar, menu, and text graphics! Pulling out all the stops for the big number threequel.

Of course, assuming it's not all one big April Fool's day prank. :)

I played through these 2 levels. I wonder whether their runtimes and combat earned them map33 or map34 slot. The 2nd map(Joshy and Darkreaver one) was huge and very slaughtery. Layout was very open. However when you grab the yellow key many of the previously connected areas get disconnected making the level more harder to traverse. I don't think this affects any fights(tho I might be wrong). Overall very fine maps. They make me hyped for final product.

I wasn't a fan of the second level as much, the start was too hot for my liking and it felt too 'long' for Plutonia, but I did beat both in the end. Just carving a way out of the initial clusterfuck of the second level was a nightmare, mostly because one of the revenants aggroed a pain elemental, and all its skulls kept floating off to me in a corner while trying to get rid of the roaming archvile.

On 4/6/2023 at 10:59 AM, gudermannian function said:

I played through these 2 levels. I wonder whether their runtimes and combat earned them map33 or map34 slot.

Basically, for Map33, it didn't quite fit in the Map24 slot among other maps in terms of theme and flow. Tatsurd-cacocaco does have two other maps in the normal slots however. As for Map34, I needed to make room for a map I initially made for the Map31/32 slot; I decided to move the secret map to map27 because it wasn't quite 'grand' or 'go2itty' enough for the secret slots, and bumped out the original map27 to map34 because I did feel it wasn't as good as the secret map considering its old-schoolish looks, and tough, longish, complex layout.