Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
creaky

Quad (aka: baby's first Doom map)

After a few false starts, I finally knuckled down and ran through Eevee's You Should Make A Doom Level tutorial. The result is Quad, a teeny tiny level that took me the better part of a day to make. It's got a central arena with a super shotgun, a switch that opens up a monster closet, a balcony with a red key and a final boss room. Oh, and two secrets!

Details:

• Built with SLADE using Doom 2 resources.
  • Tested with GZDoom, freelook on.
  • Has basic support for difficulty settings.

Enjoy!

Edit: Just updated "Quad v2" with changes from Magicana. Thanks! (Also fixed the ceiling height mistake you can see in the screenshot.)

Quad Screenshot.jpg

Quad v2.zip

Edited by creaky : Updated map.

Did a playthrough of your map.

Just a few things to point out (It wasn't a bad little map):

The initial door you forgot to unpeg one of the doortraks.

The cyberdemon is stuck inside that room - He's just tall enough that he can't get out.

Need more ammo - I provoked a lot of infighting and I still only had enough ammo because I found the secrets.

I also recorded a playthrough of this map. I really enjoyed it, actually. It's small and sweet. Maybe the best first map I've played - you already seem to have a grasp of monster and item placement, and I think that's the hardest part of mapping to get right.

for a first wad its not that horrible its better then my first wad witch was just called WADTHINGXD and it was just 3 terrable test rooms so ya it gets a idk 4/10 with me not bad but not amazing. i also think it could have been a bit longer and have more then just brown textures like that one level in thy flesh consumed. 

not trying to say you should not doom build this is very good for a first map. just keep at it and you will get better trust me.