Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WARDUST

ROGUE REBEL Tc [RELEASE]

12 hours ago, WARDUST said:

Not sure... aniway, they walk supercalm and that's the thing i'm trying to avoid, they are fighting, so... RUN! :P

No problem!

Some more things
Reduced Rancor frequency of aparition
Added some extra pain sprites for the pilot
Reduced blaster projectile speed (to recover reflective effects)
Enhanced Terrain (trash texture) and Texture files to match it

I never really stopped to see what this was, but after skimming through all the updates and vids, I can't believe I've missed this! I remember loving Dark Forces when I was younger. This looks super badass!

More stuff incoming, in a few more days:
I'm working a bit more with the saber, adding some extra animations on death sequences and new behaviours. Now you can grab more than one saber (sometimes you find more than one in a wad) and chose if throw it or not. You can recover it after launch (or perhaps you can lose it) This also was a suggestion of @Rex705

Edited by WARDUST

Thanks for all the feedback @RonnieJamesDiner

Intermission screen for map 13 says map 12 (Fixed)
Attacks on IG88 and Boba Fett too high (Fixed)
The Kubaz disappears when infighting (Fixed?)
Corrected GONK size (Fixed)
More presence of Dianogas+Mynocks (testing)
BobaFett fire hurt him (Fixed)
Less ammo for Bowcaster (New sound and minor changes on Fx and damage)
Less ammo for Detonators (but more powerful)

New weapon slots:
SetSlot 1 RebelFists, Lightsaber
SetSlot 2 Dl44
SetSlot 3 DarkBlaster, E11BlasterRifle
SetSlot 4 E22Blaster
SetSlot 5 Z6Rotary, Dlt19
SetSlot 6 Bowcaster, sniper
SetSlot 7 ConcussionRifle, DarkAssaultCannon
SetSlot 8 ProximtyIMMines, ThermalDetonators

Edited by WARDUST

Some more changes
Added E22 (replacing bowcaster)
Added new bowcaster behaviour (replacing launcher)
FIX for all the enemies spawners, that make spawns after your death (No more Lambdas, Dark soldiers nor gamorreans)

Edited by WARDUST

Testing that version with the new weapons and a graphical change i was trying to do for a long time, the stormtroopers. At first i was working on Snowtroopers, but i'm not superfan of this trooper. The less popular mudtroopers in the other hand (they look like a Fallout armor) match better with my taste (and as a trooper to make "dirty jobs")

HK87 included to appear together with SecDroids (love that one seen in the last TvShows)
All Lightsabers to red (because in that mod you are not a jedi, but you can find and grab lighsabers from the sith and inquisitors)
Some other fixes as usual

Edited by WARDUST

1 hour ago, Insaneprophet said:

That footage is on a Jamal Jones map... correct

Yes, i start to play them some days ago. Absolutely fantastic!

M_DOOM.png.760f726ce53d9d455afd28ee7a320a33.png
i'm changing the name to something more descriptive: Rogue Rebel Tc
Also several fixes regarding "jumping" sprites in troopers when you die, Mudtroopers variants and some extra sfx.
                                                     SDLTA1.png.eedc0be072bc904d41c384eb045d9d81.pngSTORA1.png.a8325095e99e6a2870602d076b0893ac.pngSSORA1.png.4982672b974e99ef7905f406a7db15b3.png

Edited by WARDUST

What a incredible work! Full of details, a lot of time invested in this TC. Thanks for sharing. I cant wait to the public release.

PD: Lo siento por mi ingles pero hasta ahí llego jaja. lo he probado con un mapa que hice yo hace tiempo, es cortito pero queda muy bien con este mod. Saludos

53 minutes ago, Davidcva1990 said:

What a incredible work! Full of details, a lot of time invested in this TC. Thanks for sharing. I cant wait to the public release.

PD: Lo siento por mi ingles pero hasta ahí llego jaja. lo he probado con un mapa que hice yo hace tiempo, es cortito pero queda muy bien con este mod. Saludos

-Nice english my man! effective! arsa y olé!
I've corrected Some errors. New version incoming as always, with redoned Mynocks and music from KOTOR (separated file)

A new graphic design and behaviour for Concussion and Darkphase rifles (just to match a bit better with the Doom weapons concepts, plasma and BFG) Also to match the graphical look of the other weapons.

Does this mod mess around with audio at all? When I play the music of the map or mods won't work and sometimes times audio of shooting or pick-ups is cut out.

2 hours ago, Rex705 said:

Does this mod mess around with audio at all? When I play the music of the map or mods won't work and sometimes times audio of shooting or pick-ups is cut out.

Didn't noticed that. In the last update yesterday, the music is optional and goes in another .pk3.
Other than that, the texture file uses mapinfo for mostly the skyes, but also defines the music (Regular Doom names, but in a diferent orther) Perhps you can try deleting the mapinfo (but also you will lose the skyes)
For the SFX no idea, never happened to me or never received that feedback... weird...

Edited by WARDUST

On 9/16/2023 at 2:34 PM, beasthorn6 said:

Please provide link for mod download

sorry not yet

Edited by WARDUST

Reduced texture size to match the common sizes (to merge better with other custom textures from many wads)
Added Jawas , HK88 and ground crews.
Now ground crews will be the most common melee "monster" (DarkRoyalGuards, HK88 and HK87 and PurgeTroopers, will appear with the Inquisitors.)
replaced some annoying(for me) old sounds
Changed some othe things in the code

screen.png.56440b79ee641dd6b29e79c8046df893.png

Edited by WARDUST

4 minutes ago, Rex705 said:

Would be cool if the lightsaber throw was like a boomerang and came back to your hand.

mmm... but remember the protagonist it's not Katarn, just a Rebel Commando. Also the idea is that you can lose it (but you can have 10 in the inventory)
In some wads like Jamal Jones, with lot of Inquisitors, grab lightsabers are not a problem. But thanks for the idea!

Now that the mod has become more its own thing and more refined it would be nice to get hold of one of Doom's very talented sprite artists. redo all the low-rez weapons and give them super high-quality style and custom animations.

Edited by Rex705

Great mod so far! Some general feedback:

Audio:

- Any plans to add seperate audio for various weapon pickups and such, or enhance the audio of those and the weapons? They feel a little low quality sometimes compared to all the nice sprite and decoration work.

34 minutes ago, Ghost1012 said:

Great mod so far! Some general feedback:

Audio:

- Any plans to add seperate audio for various weapon pickups and such, or enhance the audio of those and the weapons? They feel a little low quality sometimes compared to all the nice sprite and decoration work.

That,s the most difficult part for me, also music, and one of the reasons to not publish public link yet. I'm opened to any help regarding that point.

Currently released (see beginning of the thread)

Last update contain a new sprite and sound for DL44 pistol (it does a bit more damage also), new saber sprites and behaviour and fixes for some sprites. (Thanks for feedback @Felix_Margarita)

Also i,ve update all textures(including  custom wads), adding fixes and reducing size (lowres doom)

Thouse of you with the WIP old link (provided privately), it's the same, you can use it (but you also have access to private folders, so, don't share the link as always please)

Regards!