Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FNSG

How tall is the DOOM Slayer?

A head to head height comparison between the DOOM Slayer against all other DOOM Eternal demons/monsters/bosses. Created w/ doom photo mode and fueled by DOOM Eternal soundtrack.

Nice work!

Maybe you should just use 1 perspective for each demon (doesn't have to be the same). Because seeing the Slayer vs Imp comparisons 4 times is a bit repetitive. 

Interesting. Cacodemons and Soldiers are bigger than I remember. The Doom Hunter looks smaller.

1 hour ago, NoXion said:

Interesting. Cacodemons and Soldiers are bigger than I remember. The Doom Hunter looks smaller.

slayer's abilities push him in the air constantly (at least when we play...jump pads, double jumps and so on) so majority of time one sees enemies from the above, hence they appear smaller...if that makes sense

i promise i did the best i could to position slayer and demons on level grounds by using photomode's height correction feature

1 hour ago, Sitting on a cornflake said:

The archvile has got to be 10 feet tall, if not taller.

yep...surprised me too...i wasn't expecting him be that tall...same goes for the marauder

27 minutes ago, FNSG said:

slayer's abilities push him in the air constantly (at least when we play...jump pads, double jumps and so on) so majority of time one sees enemies from the above, hence they appear smaller...if that makes sense

That's probably part of it, but I did also notice that the Soldiers are really chunky individuals; their bare heads are the same size as the Slayer's helmet, and their limbs are also the same thickness, despite the fact they're not wearing anything more than heavy clothing in comparison to the Slayer's suit of (power?) armour.

It would be pretty fuckin rad if we could look at Doom Eternal's demons in VR. I think we'd get a better idea of how pants-shittingly huge some of them are to ordinary mortals.

I think that Doom Slayer can change his height depending on how gangsta he is. So if he takes out like 5 demons with one BFG shot, he gangsta, but if he kill no demons, he a nerd, and nerds are short. so in conclusion, when I play DOOM Eternal, I tend to be very very very short.

He's like Wolverine in that he's short and stout, but super tough.

He's unlike Wolverine in that he actually wins fights.

My headcanon is that the Slayer's height is 6 feet even - the same as in Quake III, which is just a little bit above average.

I think these 3 examples could help us get another relative idea, perhaps one closer to what the developers actually intended.  There's plenty more examples, and we can look at those later to compare and contrast.

I'm using this website to help us compare ==> https://www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/sizes.html 

doomguyMarines.png.833be89ea131014ef2abca4264d02b2f.png

So in this first image all three of them are standing fairly upright and *about* the same distance from the camera.  Doomguy has about 4+ inches on them but probably closer to 6 inches.  If we say these guys are solid 6 footers, that makes Doomguy 6'4 at the very least.

doom-eternal-story-lore-and-ending-fully-explained.jpg.3c7eb778cb6ac4cc6cfc982c20fb4e5c.jpg

While this one is a drawing, everyone in the frame is on equal ground and we can see the Deag and regular townspeople are *far* shorter than the Night Sentinels, despite the fact the Deag is closer to the front.  Relative to the Night Sentinels, Doomguy is average or even perhaps below average relative to the soldiers on his left.  The Night Sentinels are probably averaging 6'6-6'8+ all together from this second photo.   Despite this, he has a full head over the Deag...which means at least 8 inches bear minimum.  If we say Deag is 5'8-5'10, that's making Doomguy closer to about 6'6.

doomguyBetrayer.png.13a61d824b80f0f53dca16c95b64b9b7.png

Here's a great ingame example, which shows the betrayer being decently taller than Doomguy.  Since Doomguy comes to about the top of the betrayers ears, that makes the betrayer roughly 4 inches taller than Doomguy.  If we said Doomguy was 6'4-6'6 earlier, that makes the betrayer about 6'8-6'10.

Again unless those regular human soldiers and the deag are insanely short, Doomguy is about 6'6 give or take which is low-end average NBA height.

So what's the deal with the zombie soldiers being Doomguy's height or taller?  My best theory is that argent possession/corruption makes one not only stronger but physically larger as well.  If we take the marauder in particular, we can see he's about 2 heads taller than the Doomguy in the video OP posted while his original sentinel form was likely closer to Doomguy's height.

So Doomguy is very tall among regular humans, just not *crazy* tall among the sentinels and demons.

Edited by STILES

On 5/21/2020 at 11:46 PM, Impie said:

He's like Wolverine in that he's short and stout, but super tough.

He's unlike Wolverine in that he actually wins fights.

No he's not. Doom slayer is massive. Hugo Martin even went out to state that

On 5/22/2020 at 5:58 AM, STILES said:

I think these 3 examples could help us get another relative idea, perhaps one closer to what the developers actually intended.  There's plenty more examples, and we can look at those later to compare and contrast.

I'm using this website to help us compare ==> https://www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/sizes.html 

doomguyMarines.png.833be89ea131014ef2abca4264d02b2f.png

So in this first image all three of them are standing fairly upright and *about* the same distance from the camera.  Doomguy has about 4+ inches on them but probably closer to 6 inches.  If we say these guys are solid 6 footers, that makes Doomguy 6'4 at the very least.

doom-eternal-story-lore-and-ending-fully-explained.jpg.3c7eb778cb6ac4cc6cfc982c20fb4e5c.jpg

While this one is a drawing, everyone in the frame is on equal ground and we can see the Deag and regular townspeople are *far* shorter than the Night Sentinels, despite the fact the Deag is closer to the front.  Relative to the Night Sentinels, Doomguy is average or even perhaps below average relative to the soldiers on his left.  The Night Sentinels are probably averaging 6'6-6'8+ all together from this second photo.   Despite this, he has a full head over the Deag...which means at least 8 inches bear minimum.  If we say Deag is 5'8-5'10, that's making Doomguy closer to about 6'6.

doomguyBetrayer.png.13a61d824b80f0f53dca16c95b64b9b7.png

Here's a great ingame example, which shows the betrayer being decently taller than Doomguy.  Since Doomguy comes to about the top of the betrayers ears, that makes the betrayer roughly 4 inches taller than Doomguy.  If we said Doomguy was 6'4-6'6 earlier, that makes the betrayer about 6'8-6'10.

Again unless those regular human soldiers and the deag are insanely short, Doomguy is about 6'6 give or take which is low-end average NBA height.

So what's the deal with the zombie soldiers being Doomguy's height or taller?  My best theory is that argent possession/corruption makes one not only stronger but physically larger as well.  If we take the marauder in particular, we can see he's about 2 heads taller than the Doomguy in the video OP posted while his original sentinel form was likely closer to Doomguy's height.

So Doomguy is very tall among regular humans, just not *crazy* tall among the sentinels and demons.

That's just one shot in other ls doom slayer is taller their around the same height