Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

"DOOM SUCKS!" ....Said my friends.

fraggle said:

Anyway, a friend of mine walked up behind me and asked, "so whats happening on doomworld then?". Anyway, to cut a long story short it turned out he was a coder on the EDGE team.

It's a small world.

Ct_red_pants said:

This thread is about how annoying it is when people bitch how much doom sucks Right? Well I also happen to find it annoying when people bitch about how much Half-life sucks. It's stupid, pointless and lame. and beleave me, for every one idiot who says doom sucks, there's five more idiots that say half life single player sucks. Fine. go play Doom, or go play Counter strike, just stop bitching about how half life is 'over rated', most people bort it for TFC or Counter strike, if anything, it's under rated.

Amen to that! Tech TV's "Extended Play" show rated Half Life as one of the greatest FPS games ever made (not comparing it to Doom), so it can't be all that bad.

I generally say, "Yeah, well your precious Tribes II might not have existed if Doom hadn't come first. I don't care about it's technical aspects, it's still revolutionary. Cease your stupidity."

Damn, people need to at least have respect for older games. I play games even older than Doom, and I don't give a shit what anyone thinks. I play both old and new games, but there are so many classics that have been released in the past, so why say no to classic gaming? Do these people realize how revolutionary Doom was? While I think there are some good games coming out these days, there are also alot of boring games coming out. Gameplay over graphics any day!

Brad_tilf said:

Zachary Quarles, Raven Software: "[This] is where I began my sound design profession! My first project was to replace every sound with clips from "Big Trouble in Little China"...nothing like the player screaming "Now this really pisses me off to no end!!" when he died."

That movie is the shit. where could I get that WAD I wonder? It'd be hilarious.