Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endalus127

Any good Doom 2 maps to play with Brutal Doom?

I'd love to play some brutal doom but I get sick and tired of the same doom levels after playing them so much. What are some good doom maps that can work fine with brutal doom?

Welcome aboard, pal!
Hope you have a nice time here in Doomworld ;)

Doom 2 Reloaded and Hellbound are THE mapsets to play with Brütal Doom, if you already completed the proper Brütal Doom campaing, Hell on Earth Starter Pack / Extermination Day, go with them.

Other than that, @Sergeant_Mark_IV could recommend his favourites to play with his gameplay mod.
It would be cool to know what the author likes.
In the mean time, try those links i recommended you, pal!
:)

Aside from the recommendations above, you can play EVERY mapset that doesn't have a dehacked modification.

So there are plenty of megawads you can play with Brütal Doom!

Edited by P41R47

20 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Other than that, @Sergeant_Mark_IV could recommend his favourites to play with his gameplay mod.

Besides the ones already mentioned,
Scythe 2, Alien Vendetta, Going Down, NeoDoom maps only edition,Valiant: Vaccinated Edition, and Epic 2.
Brutal Doom has scripts to spawn custom stuff like new enemies or bosses in most of these wads.

25 minutes ago, Valboom said:

Tnt Revilution

25 minutes ago, Valboom said:

Jenesis.

I'm pretty sure that, if Mark didn't use a script for them, the new decorate definitions will conflict with the dehacked changes as both mapsets uses the SS an other states for the new bosses and unkillable turrets :/

The other ones are excellent recomendations ;)

3 hours ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Besides the ones already mentioned,
Scythe 2, Alien Vendetta, Going Down, NeoDoom maps only edition,Valiant: Vaccinated Edition, and Epic 2.
Brutal Doom has scripts to spawn custom stuff like new enemies or bosses in most of these wads.

isnt the scythe series slaughtermaps? 

3 hours ago, The BMFG said:

Not really. Each one has 2 or 3 maps that could be called slaughter.

10 hours ago, The BMFG said:

I would call them "light slaughtermaps". They are basically just huge epic battles, and not annoying killboxes like Chillax.
BDv21's balanced well for it on Hurt me Plenty.
Also as already said, its just the last 3 levels.

If I had plenty of time, I would update my wad for the latest Brutal Doom and create the second series of 9 maps. @Endalus127 if you're happy with BD version 2.0B I can recommend you my map set - it's for BD, so much so it won't run correctly without it. Scripted events, customer monsters, secret and traps unlock when you play in higher difficulties, balanced for BD.

9 hours ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

I would call them "light slaughtermaps". They are basically just huge epic battles, and not annoying killboxes like Chillax.
BDv21's balanced well for it on Hurt me Plenty.
Also as already said, its just the last 3 levels.

oh good k just wondering