Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pavera

ARRIVAL (Now available on /idgames) - A limit-removing episode for Doom II

You could have hidden an exit somewhere in MAP10. 50shades did that with its own end map, if you do find the hidden exit, you go to the bonus map.

DMAPINFO should make adding a secret exit anywhere trivial anyway, but of course these maps weren’t initially designed with the Unity port in mind haha.

18 hours ago, Pavera said:

I had looked into some ways to try and make it accessible through a secret exit, but without explicitly having a MAP15 in the WAD there was really no way to do it that wasn't a mess or a hack. So instead, I just stuck it in there as a little bonus. The original release has it kinda hidden in the MAP32 slot; my hope was that it would be a reward for people who wanted to snoop a little. For the Unity release, they ran into some weird problems with it being in MAP32, so we decided to just make it MAP11 there and only accessible through the level select. I think this has lead to some confusion for players who see a map there, but can't progress beyond MAP10 (due to it being the end of the actual set). Sorry about that!

That’s okay then, I thought maybe I was just terrible at finding it and I spent a lot of time searching every corner of each of the maps.. whoops! Thanks for clearing that up. 😊

Bump

Just to say that, Arrival is now officially available on /idgames: DOWNLOAD

So, if you've been waiting patiently for a "final" version to start recording demos for, please feel free to wait no longer. Thanks for playing!

Does anyone know if there is a discord that keeps you updated on the bethesda add-on lineup as they release? If not, there definitely should be one.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but Map02 in coop if a player dies in the traproom leading to the blue key after sector tag 17 (bar-trap) closes behind them the rest of the team gets softlocked out of that room and breaks map progression.

in all honestly, this set really wasn't developed with coop in mind, and wasn't tested for these things, so it doesn't surprise me that you're able to break it in this way ;D

Sorry for the trouble. Is this on the Unity port? I wonder if @sponge would let me submit a fix :)

11 hours ago, Pavera said:

in all honestly, this set really wasn't developed with coop in mind, and wasn't tested for these things, so it doesn't surprise me that you're able to break it in this way ;D

Sorry for the trouble. Is this on the Unity port? I wonder if @sponge would let me submit a fix :)

Yes after playing to map08 that is clear that the intent of this wad is not for coop, Map05 & 07 red doors (D1) also softlocked us so, we stopped.  I only tried because your wadinfo claims Singleplayer/Coop for primary purpose and "yes" for cooperative 2-4 player.

We are playing with the zandronum port hosted on allfearthesentinel.net

Is this somehow not compatible with brutal doom? First map has 100s of barrels and 250+ enemies, something seems wrong with the spawning.

Ah OK thanks, I kept playing and saw it was supposed to be that way. There were just so many barrels everywhere that I thought it was designed for that one card mod where you can select things like spawning barrels everywhere. Great mapset, but man how does the creator still have a working finger after all this thing placement... monsters and barrels