Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xdude_gamer

Favorite band?

5 hours ago, Taw Tu'lki said:

The band who made this 

A great band, wish they were famous and made more cool 80s stuff like this.

My number one favorite band is probably Kraftwerk. They're responsible for some of my favorite concept albums, which demand being listened to from start to finish. Even though they've influenced tons of genres, including basically every kind of electronic music, there are very few artists that sound like them.

Some other artists I like: Orbital, C418, The Beatles, They Might Be Giants, Patricia Taxxon, Lemon Demon (Neil Cicierega), HOME, Iglooghost, Karl Bartos, The Caretaker (James Leyland Kirby)

Addendum: some of the artists of Doomworld have also entered my regular listening rotation - shououts to James Paddock, Lee Jackson, and everyone who worked on the TNT MIDI Pack and Ultimate MIDI Pack.

Edited by northivanastan

Steely Dan. They're the perfect blend of pop, jazz, rock, funk, fusion and R&B. It's everything I could want out of a band.

Second Steely Dan. Very intelligent craft work for rock n roll. Feels like music for musicians

Favorite modern band is probably Vulfpeck. Also, Silk Sonic blew me away a couple of months ago

4 hours ago, The BMFG said:

Soundgarden, awesome band. and their singer chris cornell is the best singer ever imo

Why do I have a deja vu here?

I don't have one band in particular but here is a list of what I have seen over the years:

• Metallica (seen them twice on Pinkpop, including the famous 2014 edition)
  • Foo Fighters (also twice on Pinkpop, would've been three in 2015 but I still have therapy for that)
  • Pearl Jam (twice in 2018 and 1992, my first ever Pinkpop festival. I saw him jump :8)
  • Rage against the Machine (1993, I jumped a little bit too hard :D)
  • Red Hot Chilli Peppers (twice)
  • Green Day
  • Kings of Leon
  • Rammstein
  • Rolling Stones
  • Paul McCartney

And many more during my visits to Pinkpop Festival . . .