Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
riba2233

Doomwiki.org down?

I am getting 503 errors since at least 4-5 hours ago. Just as I started playing Daedalus and no way I can play that without the walkthrough :D

I'm in EU for reference.

Sometimes I can't access to doomwiki.org. But it can accessed with Opera VPN. But now, Opera VPN isn't free anymore so rip.

The doomwiki is down from time to time. But normally comes back within a few hours. Maybe just some maintenance work.

8 minutes ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

Down on my end, too. BUT vvv

If it's down, and you REALLY need to access it for information, use archive.org's wayback machine.

Reveal hidden contents

it is also what I use to visit banned sites on school wifi (including the doomwiki)!

Thanks, didn't think of that right away!

28 minutes ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

Down on my end, too. BUT vvv

If it's down, and you REALLY need to access it for information, use archive.org's wayback machine.

Reveal hidden contents

it is also what I use to visit banned sites on school wifi (including the doomwiki)!

I never know how to use that site properly. There's only specific pages that it archives, right? Not the whole site.

1 minute ago, Gregor said:

I never know how to use that site properly. There's only specific pages that it archives, right? Not the whole site.

any archived site wont have every single archived page, but the vast majority of them are archived.
Most of the pages with only one archival time that was in the last year/year and a half are likely because of me, lmao

1 minute ago, forgettable pyromaniac said:

any archived site wont have every single archived page, but the vast majority of them are archived.
Most of the pages with only one archival time that was in the last year/year and a half are likely because of me, lmao

Yeah but how do i find a specific page then? Like right now, i'm looking for the BTSX page on the wiki. How would i find it with the wayback machine?

Just now, Gregor said:

Yeah but how do i find a specific page then? Like right now, i'm looking for the BTSX page on the wiki. How would i find it with the wayback machine?

What I do on my end is I look up the page I want with bing/google/searchengineofchoice and copy paste the link into the wayback machine.

The services were locked up. Apache and php5-fpm like to get into a little dance where they both whirl each other around so fast they puke, and any requests that come in never get fulfilled. This has happened two days in a row now, but is not anything new and has been and off-and-on issue for years.

4 hours ago, Quasar said:

The services were locked up. Apache and php5-fpm like to get into a little dance where they both whirl each other around so fast they puke, and any requests that come in never get fulfilled. This has happened two days in a row now, but is not anything new and has been and off-and-on issue for years.

This explains why I can't access doomwiki.org even with Opera VPN recently. I thought it was due new Opera VPN thingy. Usually when I can't access doomwiki.org for some reason I use Opera VPN to access it and it always worked before.