• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ancalagon

Frog / Toad / Frog and Toad demos [-complevel 9]

Frog and Toad map 32 uv speed in 0:35

FT32-035.zip

Wasn't sure if this counts as UV-speed or UV-max as there's 0 monsters and 0 secrets.

Edit: whoever moved this, thank you, I'm still very new to the forums. 

Edited by Lucky_Edie

Frog_and_Toad map 04 UV-max in 5:09

ft04m509.zip

Very tough map with tight ammo. The red key fight is brutal, requiring almost perfect timing.

On 6/8/2019 at 2:16 PM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I guess no one is doing level 4.

Edited by Lucky_Edie

Froad (:P) Map32 UV Speed in 0:27.66

(or Frog and Toad if you prefer)

ft32-027.zip

@Lucky_Edie is the man because I just copied pasted the second jump. Without his demo, this demo won't exist. That's it. I pressed the wrong switch the first time I got to the exit room, so I took extra time to make sure I got the correct one.

For whoever wants to actually play/record this map, read the text file for your own and your PC's safety.

Awesome dude, knew there was a lot of time to save in my demo because I counted out the exit switch twice rather than just run straight for it. 

GG

3 minutes ago, Lucky_Edie said:

Awesome dude, knew there was a lot of time to save in my demo because I counted out the exit switch twice rather than just run straight for it. 

GG

I think something like low 20 should be not hard. The first time I went to the last room, I also pressed the wrong switch, which haunts me so I also took extra time to count again... and this is the first ever time I finish everything the first try. That's never happened, but just as you said, recording a demo for this map is just a hassle.

Frog_and_Toad map 03 UV-speed in 0:31

ft03-031.zip

Had no intention of ever running this map again but @NightTerror saw my 35s demo and suggested punching the air to wake the vile, didn't help with the vile but saves the time platforming to wake the HK. Knowing it was a free substantial time save I knew I had to grind out another demo for it. 

Edited by Lucky_Edie

Frog_and_Toad map 10 UV-Speed in 6:07 

ft10-607.zip

This map quickly became miserable to run with its intro and awfully hard first section. 1,381 attempts in total, had 2 'deaths' to the last thin pillar platforming section.
In practice with saves and quick setups I was consistently finishing in 4:20-4:40 timeframe so this run is slow in comparison. Started playing it safe after the first 900 failed attempts. 

Feels good to be an honorary frog.

Edited by Lucky_Edie

Frog_and_Toad map31 uv-max in 7:46

ft31m746.zip

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk8eusRMZ0M

1,016 attempts, 2nd exit. I got an 8:16 early on but I bonked the wall before the 2nd secret and lost a lot of time so I decided to go again to improve it. This map is more enjoyable with saves. The sr50's were the hardest part for me as they're incredibly finnicky to pull off when the nerves take control of your hands. 

Edited by Lucky_Edie

8 hours ago, Lucky_Edie said:

Attacking the monsters renders the map impossible to complete, the bfg and cells are placed as a joke.

Nice demo -- however, max is possible actually!

After reaching the exit platform, you are now allowed to shoot -- so it's possible to backtrack and clean up :)

edit:

4 hours ago, Lucky_Edie said:

wow its possible and awful

Lol yeah, it's a wild one. Basically need to do the map twice in a row, plus the combat, plus a backtracking portion. (Also have to avoid accidentally triggering the exit!)

I was able to do it with tons of saves, but man oh man... best of luck on the recording!

Edited by djnr : add response

46 minutes ago, djnr said:

Nice demo -- however, max is possible actually!

After reaching the exit platform, you are now allowed to shoot -- so it's possible to backtrack and clean up :)

Thank you for the kind words. I'll check it out, if its possible ill do a max I guess. 

Edit: wow its possible and awful. Wonderful. Thanks @djnr I'll work on a max of it soon, though I think I'll go slow just to get an exit. 

Edited by Lucky_Edie

Frog_and_Toad map07 uv-max in 5:05

ft07m505.zip

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyfzVPYV2Fs

Second attempt at the map in 2 days and got an unexpected exit, was just going for a derust run so I didn't reset at the start. Tried to keep the vile alive/race it around the map but it would just zap me and it felt unrealistic to beat the map without getting the baron to kill the vile. 

So used to the cyber taking 5 shots of bfg that I forgot I had an extra shot leftover, thankfully the baron was low as I had counted the vile zaps before so didn't waste too much time. 

Used slower and more consistent strats for all the platforms in order to keep the number of attempts fairly low, ended up taking 407 attempts.

Thank you @djnr for letting me know this was in fact possible.