Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bengaltiger1

The Domain of Darkness

Happy Halloween all :) I present to you a horror themed map that is specifically inspired by PSX & Doom 64. There are a few custom monsters to conform with the theme of the map while making things (hopefully) interesting. I think the best description i can give the theme is nightmare like with small fragments of reality corrupted in a Hellscape. It's relatively small in size yet remains challenging, with a more non linear approach. This particular map was more experimental than my previous submissions and it should be noted GZDoom is the best option for everything to function properly. I playtested in 4.8.2 without issue. However It's good if you state any problem to me so I can fix it right away.

Also it would be cool to know what movie you're watching this Halloween? I will be watching the paranormal movie Insiduous as I really enjoy psychological horror films

wish you all a good game, lastly some screenies

Screenshot (845).png

Screenshot (847).png

Screenshot (849).png

Screenshot (857).png

The Domain of Darkness.rar

Edited by Bengaltiger1 : Big thanks to IcarusofDaggers. I have removed an additional player 1 start

52 minutes ago, Bengaltiger1 said:

Happy Halloween all :) I present to you a horror themed map that is specifically inspired by PSX & Doom 64. There are a few custom monsters to conform with the theme of the map while making things (hopefully) interesting. I think the best description i can give the theme is nightmare like with small fragments of reality corrupted in a Hellscape. It's relatively small in size yet remains challenging, with a more non linear approach. This particular map was more experimental than my previous submissions and it should be noted GZDoom is the best option for everything to function properly. I playtested in 4.8.2 without issue. However It's good if you state any problem to me so I can fix it right away.

Also it would be cool to know what movie you're watching this Halloween? I will be watching the paranormal movie Insiduous as I really enjoy psychological horror films

wish you all a good game, lastly some screenies

Screenshot (845).png

Screenshot (847).png

Screenshot (849).png

Screenshot (857).png

The Domain of Darkness.rar

Though you already released this mate didn't i do a video on it ages 

Edit i was a tester and I'm a idiot lol

Edited by Nightmare2989

This was a fun map. The custom bestiary was interesting and they were used to good effect. Particularly those ghouls I noticed from Golden Souls.

I think some of the texture work is questionable though, albeit unique. Remember, cohesion with transitional textures is important.

The music was one of the biggest + as you can't really go wrong with Doom 64 for an atmospheric map.

I didn't encounter any serious bugs or glitches while playing, congrats

Edited by Doomfan93 : Spelling errors

10 minutes ago, Doomfan93 said:

This was a fun map. The custom bestiary was interesting and they were used to good effect. Particularly those ghouls I noticed from Golden Souls.

I think some of the texture work is questionable though, albeit unique.

Remember, cohesion with transitional textures is important.

The music was one of the biggest + I as you can't really go wrong with Doom 64 for an atmospheric map.

I didn't encounter any serious bugs or glitches while playing, congrats

Hope not as i tested it lol glad you enjoyed mate @Bengaltiger1 put a lot of work into it

That's a really nice atmospheric kind of map. I like the music and custom monsters, and some locations have some great oppressive feel to them.
Good work

2 hours ago, Serious Vadim said:

Today I plan to watch the movie "the thing", I heard that it is very high quality 

The 1982 remake by John Carpenter is the best version imo.  Just avoid the 2011 reboot. There is a movie in the 1951 title : Thing from another world which is also worth a watch

10 minutes ago, Bengaltiger1 said:

The 1982 remake by John Carpenter is the best version imo.  Just avoid the 2011 reboot. There is a movie in the 1951 title : Thing from another world which is also worth a watch

Agree mate fuck the modern one 

21 hours ago, Bengaltiger1 said:

Before watching the movie, I read only the book of the original source (as far as I understand correctly

Hello, my friend, and thank you again for this awesome level!

The amount of scaryness was insane, so I felt like I was watching a horror movie during playing this.

And there is a good usage of PSX-Doom assets here. Well done! Looking forward to more of your levels.

And again, let me share my playthrough of your level (eng subs included):

Spoiler

I feel the abrupt change in locations and abstract layout in most areas contribute to the horror, which was my aim while designing this. Thank you for all your effort to make English subtitles. 

Just so you're aware it was also a step out of my normal style and more to experiment, my other wads on Doomworld are not similar to this one