Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iddq_tea

DoomGPT: An AI-directed Doom II mapping project (v1.2)

On 12/14/2023 at 3:33 PM, iddq_tea said:

@Anarkzie Hey! Please (re)send the text file containing the GPT descriptions, it's the only one I'm missing.

Update for everyone: version 1.0 is going public tomorrow, just making some final corrections and prettying up the text files!

Thanks for all your hard work!

I will postpone until I have the final text file, then the wad is going up (unless it takes too long, in which case I will just include it later). Sorry for the delay!

And 1.0 is out! I decided to release it early, the final text file will be added later, if it still exists (let's hope so!)

If you find any issues, please report them here, and if you feel like a map feels out of place or unfair in terms of difficulty progression, tell us what you think can be done to improve it! Happy dooming!

2 maps in, impressive so far! It is cool that people are able to come up with ethical-ish ways of using machine learning to create art.

On 2/6/2023 at 10:00 AM, iddq_tea said:

MAP20: Spectre | (Kenny Chou - Renaissance)

You forgot one of the e's in my name. :p

@Spectere I swear I caught that, why didn't I correct it?? Thanks for letting me know!

@spineapple tea I figured I'd reuse this one since it probably has tons of people following it for updates, besides if I did make a new one, the old one would be completely abandoned, it served its purpose.

56 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

@Korni27 Was MAP06's crusher corridor heavily inspired by SIGIL's E5M4, namely the Blue Key path, by any chance?

Exactly, I think this is one of the only way to make crushers actually a threat to the player, instead of accidentally walking into one

Good choice!

Anyway, I have an issue to report: in MAP08, I got (soft)locked inside the secret rocket closet near the Yellow Key pedestal. Apparently, the way things are currently set, I have to be fast enough to get in and out before the door close.

Oh, and some of the rocket crates are reachable from the outside when the door is closed.

22 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Good choice!

Anyway, I have an issue to report: in MAP08, I got (soft)locked inside the secret rocket closet near the Yellow Key pedestal. Apparently, the way things are currently set, I have to be fast enough to get in and out before the door close.

Oh, and some of the rocket crates are reachable from the outside when the door is closed.

There should be a teleporter to get out.
IDK if korni accidentally removed it.

18 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

There should be a teleporter to get out.
IDK if korni accidentally removed it.

I don't think i did

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

Good choice!

Can you show a video?

I have no idea how to do that.

Anyway, I tried again and I found myself trapped in the closet (haha) again; interacting with the walls or the door does nothing.

To be more precise, the closet is located in the eastmost room, behind a silver door next to a switch with a soulsphere in front of it.

2 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

I have no idea how to do that.

Anyway, I tried again and I found myself trapped in the closet (haha) again; interacting with the walls or the door does nothing.

To be more precise, the closet is located in the eastmost room, behind a silver door next to a switch with a soulsphere in front of it.

Demo would work

I am using GZDoom, so I do not think I can do that.

Anyway, here is a screenshot of the automap:

trapped in the closet.jpg

2 hours ago, Rudolph said:

I am using GZDoom, so I do not think I can do that.

Anyway, here is a screenshot of the automap:

trapped in the closet.jpg

It should be set to door stay

I would suggest adding a bit more Radsuits around in the starting area of MAP09. Navigation is already made difficult due to the dim lighting and there are already plenty of enemies shooting at you from every direction, so it does not feel very fair to continuously take environmental damage as well.

I suggest making a new thread as it is not immediately obvious to those not actively following the project that it has been released - I wouldn't have realised without checking the thread, as I have known this thread to be for project development. Making a new thread for finished projects happens all the time.

Congrats everyone on the release! It's all looking good so far.

@iddq_tea Couple of questions; If I'd known custom music was being chosen I would've liked to pick something for my map myself. Can I choose one for the next update?

For that matter, if I knew custom titles were being chosen I would've liked to choose one myself too!

Also, why was the icon reveal in my map changed from the insta-switch to a lift? I personally much prefer what I did in my original map. If there's some sort of technical reason (like the map breaks in certain source ports or something) then sure. But otherwise, if it was a design decision I'm pretty against it.

Happy to talk via DM's or in discord if that's the better place to have these discussions.

2 hours ago, BeefGee said:

why was the icon reveal in my map changed from the insta-switch to a lift? I personally much prefer what I did in my original map. If there's some sort of technical reason (like the map breaks in certain source ports or something) then sure. But otherwise, if it was a design decision I'm pretty against it.

Happy to talk via DM's or in discord if that's the better place to have these discussions.

It was because it was not working sometimes, I remember changing it as it was reported that it soft locked some beta testers

Would it be possible to make it possible to open the blue key door from inside the final room with the Cyberdemon? I forgot to pick some power-ups, so it was a bit frustrating being unable to backtrack.

First of all, I said if first but I'll echo what Individualised said. It's not hard to imagine somebody who regularly uses Doomworld seeing the same thread with 700 replies and subconsciously ignoring it without noticing that it's been released. The idea that this one is more relevant to followers of the thread makes sense, but you could also just post the new one here so the followers see it (plus you can mention contributors in the new thread in case they haven't been paying attention since submitting their work). Also, when you say "if I did make a new one, the old one would be completely abandoned" you do realize development threads are sort of supposed to only be relevant during a project's development right? Basically I just think that this release has been mostly silent and creating a new thread will get the attention of people who didn't care about its development and just want to try a new WAD.

Second, like BeefGee said, I was also unaware we could pick the music to go along with our maps and I'd like to pick something out for MAP01 when we do the updated version (which could be released through a separate thread, just saying).

7 hours ago, Korni27 said:

It was because it was not working sometimes, I remember changing it as it was reported that it soft locked some beta testers

damn, that's a shame. oh well, fair enough, it's gotta work for everyone.

I bet for those people it was just a complevel thing though. Because it's a standard insta floor, just like all throughout lots of wads (e.g. all over plutonia, scythe, speed of doom etc).

8 hours ago, BeefGee said:

damn, that's a shame. oh well, fair enough, it's gotta work for everyone.

I bet for those people it was just a complevel thing though. Because it's a standard insta floor, just like all throughout lots of wads (e.g. all over plutonia, scythe, speed of doom etc).

Probably

14 hours ago, spineapple tea said:

Second, like BeefGee said, I was also unaware we could pick the music to go along with our maps and I'd like to pick something out for MAP01 when we do the updated version (which could be released through a separate thread, just saying).

Yeah my bad, I was tasked with picking music that will fit for the maps. At first i created a custom track for MAP01 which is now playing for MAP02, as I was informed that in the description generated by ai it said to play running from evil. If anyone else wants the music changed or if anyone wants me to make a custom song you can PM me. I'll then send it over to @iddq_tea