TNT or Plutonia?

TNT or Plutonia?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• TNT
    • Plutonia

20 minutes ago, PsychEyeball said:

- Stock music kills whatever atmosphere and mood the maps may have

I actually disagree, I think Plutonia's choices of Doom 1 and 2 tracks work very well for the levels they were chosen for. The only exception is Hunted, which for some reason plays Sweet Little Dead Bunny (which isn't level music and therefore doesn't loop properly or fit with the level at all).

I don't like the try and error approach of Plutonia, so i go with TNT.

Plutonia by a longshot
TNT has maps like Metal and Administration Center that can go burn in hell

I’ve posted why I prefer TNT over Plutonia so many times here that if I had a nickel for every time I’d have as much money as TeamTNT made from TNT

I think TNT has more personality, more character, and more mood in its best maps than Plutonia which all kind of blurs together thematically. There’s a lot of exploration and design idiosyncrasies and experimentation with space that made so much of it a memorable experience where I’ve forgotten what most of Plutonia was like even though I’ve only played through each one time. Is it more polished than Plutonia? Oh Jesus Christ no, much of it is janky and incoherent and some maps are genuinely terrible, but it doesn’t need to be for me to like it and it’s inspired far more ideas and visions for me than Plutonia ever could.

My heart says TNT....but at the same time, Plutonia has far more consistent quality and is easier to take in piecemeal. The trouble, of course, is the lack of original midis, along with the fact that the visuals have a certain monotonousness to them that's not present throughout TNT. It's like, ok, fully embrace the abstract, but it wasn't like there was exactly huge variety in what was shown. I still would probably go with Plutonia though. A good midi pack would help the individual characteristics I didn't really notice stand out more.

Plutonia with Plutmidi

I replayed TNT a year or two ago for the first time in a long while and I was surprised with how many maps I wanted to skip. So uneven.

I’m a TNT fan. I love the vast levels and the music.

I like Plutonia well enough but the constant traps for traps sake does wear thin after a while, though there are some good ones along the way.