Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoDOOManiac

Limit-removing levelsets/large maps not using Boom features?

Hello fellow Doomers, I'd like to ask to point me to some limit-removing levelsets/megawads/large maps that are playable in Crispy Doom as intended, i.e. with no Boom features (with the exception of texture scroll right and SMMU swirling flats that Crispy supports).

I know ParallelsRemnant and Infested Outpost, would like to try more.

Edited by SoDOOManiac

Here's what I can think of:

• Planisphere 2 (single map, large city that you may recognize)
  • Comatose (single map, maxes out the linedef count)
  • 5till L1 Complex (single map, same author as Comatose)
  • Object "34": Sonar (very long and sprawling map, same author as the above two; I'm not positive that this is a limit-removing WAD because while I don't see any Boom linedef actions in the map, the text file confusingly says "Limit Removing...complevel 9 only")
  • Deus Vult (full map is in the MAP05 slot)
  • Holy Hell (full map is in the MAP05 slot; was probably meant for a port that removes the lost soul limit, but is otherwise fully functional in a limit-removing port)
  • Hellbound (megawad with lots of large levels, MAP29 being the largest)
  • Struggle: Antaresian Legacy (MAP28 and MAP29 in particular, though some other maps are also quite large)
  • Mutabor (single map, not the largest by area, but sprawling, very complex and nonlinear, and actually vanilla-compatible, limit-removing not required; also, each skill level starts you in a different area and has different gameplay)
  • Altitude (single map, same author as Mutabor and similarly complex and nonlinear, also vanilla-compatible)
  • Bury My Heart Knee Deep (again, single vanilla-compatible map that's not the largest in area but has a lot to explore)
  • The giant maze from this thread (self-explanatory)

@Shepardus, thanks a lot! I'm going to release a new version of So Doom, my Crispy Doom fork, and wanted to inquire for how many WADs my port would be preferable (as it has less tinkering with settings than Boom family ports).

Limit-Removing megawads:

Both CPD and Uprising by Cheesewheel

25 Years On Earth by Phobus

Scythe 2 by Erik Alm

NOVA & NOVA II

-

Episode-length WADs:

Return To Hadron episodes 1, 2, & 3 by cannonball

Demonic Deviation by cannonball

Glaive 1, 2, & 3 by EANB

Tangerine Nightmare (except for MAP08)

...Pretty much every Doomer Boards Project.

Edited by head_cannon

I just realized I forgot about The Given, a large monsterless puzzle map that, like Planisphere 2, will test your port's ability to render large open areas with lots of geometry.

I also just realized OP said levelsets or large maps and not necessarily levelsets consisting of large maps, but I think my previous post and the other posters have covered most of what I wanted to say, short of scrolling through my vanilla/limit-removing WADs folder and listing everything in it.

Tetraptykon and Shevirah by Demonologist

The upcoming UDINO (largely playable right now, but final release should be soon?)

e: there were some big maps in D2INO as well -- sometimes too big!

The Warlock's Hearth by Khorus (ogg soundtrack, works in Crispy)

Termination by mrthejoshmon

Some of the maps in the Deadly Standards series

Eternal Doom is vanilla but has some large maps.

Edited by plums