Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RESOL

Would you see it?

Final Fantasy was actually kind of interesting, despite the fact that IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FINAL FANTASY WHATSOEVER. Of course, none of the games did either.

I don't get it...all Final Fantasy's are inerconnected (except the story and characters) Bahamut, The Dragon King IS IN EVERY FUCKING GAME, does the word Mythril ring a bell? how about the spell Fire? [sarcasm]nope none of these have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with any Final Fucking Fantasy game!!!![/sarcasm]

Oh and Liam...you're reading the Scarlet Letter in 8th grade? wow...I'm a junior and we just got done with that book...

wow...your right! but it doesn't end there, buddy. i think other companies are jealous of FF/Square, i've seen them company their techniques. i've seen many other games with fire spells, steel armor, inns, traveling a world map, talking to NPC's in towns, etc.
man why the hell don't they do their own thing and quit copying Squaresoft and Final Fantasy series? [/sarcasm off]

I re-read the whole Lord of the Rings series once per year, plus I used to play the paper&pencil RPG based on Middle Earth.

Unlike many other fans I'm actually pleased with the changes Peter Jackson made to the script. Otherwise the movie would be nothing more than a replica of the book with crappier effects (afterall your imagination beats any movie in terms of special effects).

Unlike many other fans I'm actually pleased with the changes Peter Jackson made to the script. Otherwise the movie would be nothing more than a replica of the book with crappier effects (afterall your imagination beats any movie in terms of special effects).

You're way too optimistic; for an average american teenager, imagination certainly doesn't beat movies...

wow...your right! but it doesn't end there, buddy. i think other companies are jealous of FF/Square, i've seen them company their techniques. i've seen many other games with fire spells, steel armor, inns, traveling a world map, talking to NPC's in towns, etc.
man why the hell don't they do their own thing and quit copying Squaresoft and Final Fantasy series? [/sarcasm off]

Riiight...all of those aspects were in D&D looong before Final Fantasy came out. Those are all the fundamental basics of an RPG (though you could possibly make one without all that).

[snip] man why the hell don't they do their own thing and quit copying Squaresoft and Final Fantasy series? [/sarcasm off]

Riiight...all of those aspects were in D&D looong before Final Fantasy came out. Those are all the fundamental basics of an RPG (though you could possibly make one without all that).

danny-boy, note the little s-word in there.

It's kinda nice the way all the FF games share common little "themes." It also kinda legitimises the use of the "Final Fantasy" title. It wouldn't be a FF game without moogles, chocobos, dwarves with impossibly huge beards, and some psycho gear-head named Cid.

I'd probably go see it, but whether how good it is would determine if I end up renting/buying it...knowing Hollywood, they'd probably fuck it up bad like Mario Bros., the only somewhat decent video game turned movie is Mortal Kombat NOT THE GAY ASSED SEQUEL EITHER, I have not yet seen Tomb Raider so I don't know how good it is.

I saw the first Mortal Kombat but what was wrong with Mortal Kombat Anthology or whatever it was called?

J.R.R Tolkien's novels rock. The Hobbit was good, The Fellowship of the Rings was even better, and let us not forget the Twin Towers.
Yes, I just might see that movie based on these books.

J.R.R Tolkien had a book called Twin Towers? Well isn't that kind of odd that you mention that now due to what happened two months ago?

No no no no no no and no. Most game based movies bite and vicea versa. Tomb Raider is the only recent good one I've seen thus far, and even it was seriosuly screwed up and shared little in common in the games. Lara's family disowned her! Sheesh.

1. There's gotta be some changes to the storyline of the movie from the game. Otherwise, it would not make a good movie. That's why Tomb Raider had to be changed around here and there (though I can honestly say I've never really played the game.).

2. I have a feeling that Hollywood is starting to realize how cheesy videogame-based movies are becoming. Remember that EGM quote I put up earlier in this thread? I should have added to that quote that even they knew how cheesy Hollywood made those movies. Something deep down inside me is telling me that if DOOM ever was made into a movie, it would be the first one to be worth of an Oscar, if it was done right. If you ask me, if it ever was made into a movie, it should be at the VERY least, Rated R. You've seen what happened to Mortal Kombat; just one rating down and it became cheesy and unentertaining to those who know what a good movie is.